Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

I hope he doesn't dig too much and we get stuck with with the fickle bugger

That. 

We are at a tipping point. DC has done well so far but his track record in football negotiating here isn’t the greatest. 

4 minutes ago, SWFCCDOWL said:

As a Wednesday fan I I always think that you would do anything to have the top job of managing Wednesday. Saying that loyalty and morals are big for me, like if (when) we get to the champions league final i didn't get a ticket but walking to the game anyway, i see a fellow Wednesday fan has dropped his ticket. My first thought would be pick it up I'm going to the game but morals take over and I give him the ticket. I'm gutted that im not going but more than happy that I've done the right thing. Long way of saying Bruce should do the right thing and stay to finish what he's started here.

Well congrats on not being a total scumbag mate

9 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Bruce comments today leave a bad taste for me 

“ I want to leave, I just need Wednesday to accept less compensation then I’m off”

Really hope DC digs in here.

Where’s that come from because I listened to his interview after the match and that’s not what he said. 

20 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Bruce comments today leave a bad taste for me 

“ I want to leave, I just need Wednesday to accept less compensation then I’m off”

Really hope DC digs in here.

yep  why should we compromise    yes in sale deals a certain amount of negotiation can be expected  but this isn't a car boot transaction the terms as contracted and signed are the terms and i know DC sticks to that 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Anyone thinking Bruce is staying here is delusional. It will get toxic. 

it already has, turning up to training and  supervising friendlies just trying to show an air of professionalism  i'm fecking gutted see no good ending to it  even if we get the full whack 

On 11/07/2019 at 21:03, WalthamOwl said:

@Semedo's ferret are you still being told it’s 100% he will be going? 

Bruce thought he'd be in China right now. Bruce and Ashley didn't expect the hard ball from Chansiri. Nothing much anyone can add to what we've all seen and heard this past couple of days. As a supporter, it's clear that Bruce has sorted personnel terms (this is what was Done & dusted) and wants to go. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, vulva said:

Typical Wednesday Chapter 673 would be Bruce staying, we lose 8 of the first 10, and we sack him paying out £2m compensation. 

I doubt he'd go if not Newcastle. If DC prices him out and Ashley won't pay the money it tells Bruce Ashley don't think he's worth it and he stays 

Was Bruce unhappy here before the Newcastle job came up? That's what I'm interested to know.

That VG Tips guy said Bruce was annoyed with Chansiri for broken promises- and to be fair the whole embargo/accounts affair hasn't made life easy for him.

Don't get me wrong if he's spoken to them without our consent then he's crossed a line, but I wonder whether he really would have if had room to manoeuvre in the transfer market with us. Also, if he's been offered a smaller basic salary at NUFC, knows Ashley is unpopular and the fans don't want him, then I find it weird he was so keen to go 

33 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

Quite obvious after his comments his position is now untenable! Any support he had has now gone in my view!

That's exactly what he intended. Get the fans to demand he goes, it's working so far.