Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

40 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Modern football sucks.

Bruce will get sacked by Newcastle within a year. Have his hefty contract paid up, and then his pick of Championship jobs again.

No wonder loyalty doesn't exist. 

100% right    where did it all go wrong with the game    is it money or the modern era of no one gives a F##k  about loyalty or respect 

57 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Modern football sucks.

Bruce will get sacked by Newcastle within a year. Have his hefty contract paid up, and then his pick of Championship jobs again.

No wonder loyalty doesn't exist. 

Loyalty is a two way thing.

How many clubs are loyal to managers after a couple of bad results?

Not that I feel sorry for any of them its a very well paid profession and that everyone knows has zero job security.

2 hours ago, pressy said:

100% right    where did it all go wrong with the game    is it money or the modern era of no one gives a F##k  about loyalty or respect 

I don’t really think greed & disloyalty are a modern phenomenon in football tbh.

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

I don’t really think greed & disloyalty are a modern phenomenon in football tbh.

I do . Football is all sbout money these days snd agents pimping their players and managers to the highest bidder. 

With having more time to think about it, yes it's disappointing but is it really such a bad thing if he does go? Don't get me wrong, Bruce's record speaks for itself at this level but he laid the foundations at Villa for someone else to get them over the line. Could a similar thing happen here if he goes or quits? There are decent foundations here for someone to work with, just a few more players are needed and we could use the loan market to strengthen in the areas that still need strengthening. Could someone like Alex Neil, Daniel Stendel or Paul Cook be our Dean Smith?

Edited by The Night-Owl

26 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Apart from the fact that it puts us on the back foot re time to the first game i hope that Nixon has this one right 

Ashley you want him you can have him but it's going to cost you and its going to cost you up front on terms advantageous to Wednesday 

I hope thats DCs position and think it should be 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Apart from the fact that it puts us on the back foot re time to the first game i hope that Nixon has this one right 

Ashley you want him you can have him but it's going to cost you and its going to cost you up front on terms advantageous to Wednesday 

I hope thats DCs position and think it should be 

Ashley won’t pay up, DC won’t budge. 

Bruce will resign. Just don’t know if this stops him taking the job at Newcastle. 

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

Bruce will resign. Just don’t know if this stops him taking the job at Newcastle. 

yes it would stop him, he would have too see out is contract watching the cricket lol

Guest wilyfox
17 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can't see Bruce going down that route again. DC would take out an injunction preventing him from managing Newcastle until compensation is agreed. It wouldn't alter the outcome. Newcastle would still be required to pay up first before he could serve. 

10 minutes ago, owlse said:

yes it would stop him, he would have too see out is contract watching the cricket lol

That would be a Brucey bonus and lucky escape for Bruce, instead of being fried by the Newcastle fans he could put his feet up. Whilst Newcastle inevitably get relegated and a new man finishes the job he started here. As they say, instead of it being out of the frying pan and into the fire, if he takes up the Newcastle job. It would be out of the frying pan and sunning it up instead. lol