Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

Exactly, Chansiri is in a difficult situation and it's worth reminding people it isn't as simple as, 'get loads of cash and get rid'. That's literally what he's been trying to do. 

Newcastle and Bruce know that as time goes on we'll be under pressure, but so are Newcastle, and Chansiri won't take kindly to today's antics. 

I can see Chansiri moving on it if we have someone lined up, otherwise I don't think he'll budge, and I'd struggle to argue with it really.

About sums it up for me 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The whole thing leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

I appreciate it is Newcastle in the Prem, but I cant help but feel Bruce and co are taking the pi55.

Idea this came out of the blue is laughable. This has been on the cards for a few weeks and it is only in the last few days it's been leaked to the media in order to put pressure on us to cave into Bruce and Ashley's demands. 

On balance, I think we have no choice to just accept what we can get.

If we don't we go into a new season with a manager who clearly wants to be somewhere else and who will feel pissed off with the Chairman who prevented it. 

Not sure that's a recipe for a good season. Lost all respect for managers with no loyalty who couldn't care less about the fanbase.

Time to move on for me - take the compensation and good riddance to a manager who treats us like a doormat and go out and get Hughton.

Just now, Daz said:

If we don't we go into a new season with a manager who clearly wants to be somewhere else and who will feel pissed off with the Chairman who prevented it. 

Not sure that's a recipe for a good season. Lost all respect for managers with no loyalty who couldn't care less about the fanbase.

Time to move on for me - take the compensation and good riddance to a manager who treats us like a doormat and go out and get Hughton.

Absolutely this. Principles are very expensive. 

Just now, Daz said:

Get Hughton 100% , stick Bruce on gardeners leave, let him sit out his contract

Gardening leave doesn’t help nobody 

Chansiri will get rid, but I suspect not until he’s spoken to potential replacements 

8 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Well... the premiership calls for Bruce... so do we call for a top league 1 manager? And hope for the best....

And why would that be the next rational move?

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Chansiri will get rid, but I suspect not until he’s spoken to potential replacements 

I suspect we have already made initial moves, its so obvious with what Bruce as said, he is trying to force us the fans to make sure Mr Chansiri does a deal, 

sorry i dont see him backing down

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Stick Bruce on gardening leave until the end of his deal, or pop him on pot washing duty.

Bring in another manager to do the business. 

2 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Stick Bruce on gardening leave until the end of his deal, or pop him on pot washing duty.

Bring in another manager to do the business. 

We've just had to sell the ground to meet FFP and for the sake of principle, we are going to pay 2 managers and get no compensation.... versus getting compensation and paying 1 manager?

14 minutes ago, Drones club said:

Agreed, although Hughton's credentials are impressive. Cowley has many admirers.

Hughton's record at this level is very good.

There are positives and doubts about him. Might be minimal change, similar record and pedigree. On the other hand do we really need another manager near the end of their career, possibly looking for one of their last pay days or someone possibly on the decline? 

That's why if and when Bruce goes, I'd consider going for younger managers in the EFL on the rise. Someone hungry and someone we can plan long term with.

Just now, Daz said:

We've just had to sell the ground to meet FFP and for the sake of principle, we are going to pay 2 managers and get no compensation.... versus getting compensation and paying 1 manager?

Of course not, but if there's one owner that would do it 'on principle' it'd be Chansiri. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daz said:

FFP shouldn't be a issue for a year or 2 now hopefully,  Mr Chansiri will take this as a personal insult. in theory there would be a max of 6 months left if its true on a 12 month contract. 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

Surely been mentioned but hasn’t Hughton got a deal that would mean we pay Brighton a wedge if we set him on. 

He signed a deal last summer until 2021. It depends if he was paid off or if he's been put on gardening leave I guess. 

5 minutes ago, owlse said:

FFP shouldn't be a issue for a year or 2 now hopefully,  Mr Chansiri will take this as a personal insult. in theory there would be a max of 6 months left if its true on a 12 month contract. 

FFP could well be an issue next year if we don't sell any players or get some income from elsewhere.

• Like 1