Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

41 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Watch that.

He wants out - time to get as much as we can for him and his ‘team’ and get Hughton in.

Let him stew, 10 million compo, f they pay it fare doos but if not can't they keep his registration or somet till his contract ends. I'm pist off n bitter after all we did to get him and  DC is too for sure. 

Edited by S1Owl

6 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

By doing that interview he knows it would of turned the fans against him 

Exactly, turn the fans. They will force the chairmans hand. 

Its a simple ploy, its had that reaction. To a point. Thing is, DC will do a deal at his price. If anything which is a surprise to me, its rallyed support behind DC for his approach. 

Didnt expect that. Probably neither did, bruce, Ashley or his team. Who are obviously playing the game. 

Edited by Maddogbob

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We did but I left him out because I’m guessing he’s more scout than decision maker, and he’s Bruce’s man as you say.

True,. 

Looking at the squads today, not taking into account the opposition, I don't think we need too much more, 2 or 3 maybe but as you say this will no doubt slow things down as it seems to have done regarding the possibility of Hector.

Interesting that Rhodes & Winnall have done well in the past couple of games when they are the two generally thought to be bottom of the pecking order and the ones the manager has been wanting to get out.

Didn’t travel on the coach because they needed a quick get away incase Fat boy paid up or because a few of the senior players ain’t too happy with the Steve’s 

i wonder 

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Exactly, turn the fans. They will force the chairmans hand. 

Its a simple ploy, its had that reaction. To a point. Thing is, DC will do a deal at his price. If anything which is a surprise to me, its rallyed support behind DC for his approach. 

Didnt expect that. Probably neither did, bruce, Ashley or his team. Who are obviously playing the game. 

Quite. I’ve never known supporters of the destination club egging on a chairman quite like the Geordies are egging on DC. The whole situation is quite bizarre.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Regulator said:

Quite. I’ve never known supporters of the destination club egging on a chairman quite like the Geordies are egging on DC. The whole situation is quite bizarre.

Its quite frankly the most Wednesday thing ever. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Regulator said:

Yep bruce has made a right old mess of this, should have come straight out and told the truth, lost a lot of credibility here

2 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

I don’t know, I think we’ve out-Wednesdayed ourselves this time!

Its very strange. Ill be honest. I want it over now. Not on the cheap i might add.

We dont need this three weeks before we kick off. 

Edited by Maddogbob

12 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

True,. 

Looking at the squads today, not taking into account the opposition, I don't think we need too much more, 2 or 3 maybe but as you say this will no doubt slow things down as it seems to have done regarding the possibility of Hector.

Interesting that Rhodes & Winnall have done well in the past couple of games when they are the two generally thought to be bottom of the pecking order and the ones the manager has been wanting to get out.

I was counting up the potential first teamers playing for us today & it's quite a decent squad, combined at both venues. Rhodes & Winnall are still good players & both worth having. I'd sell Joao. The stand-out feature is no injuries. Something we haven't known for years. 

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

I was counting up the potential first teamers playing for us today & it's quite a decent squad, combined at both venues. Rhodes & Winnall are still good players & both worth having. I'd sell Joao. The stand-out feature is no injuries. Something we haven't known for years. 

We’ve got lots of 7/10 players. We need to get rid of 6 like that, and bring in 3 9/10 players. 

55 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

thanks for this i'm going to read it through and educate myself on the nuances of football managers contracts  

reading stuff on our situation threw up a few occasions where he has walked out on clubs before i have lost all respect for the guy  i have sympathy for his loss last year but people slagging him off were right it seems 

The effectiveness of this strategy was seen in 2001, in the case of Steve Bruce, who wanted to leave Crystal Palace to join Birmingham City. Less than a year into his Palace Contract (which, amongst other things, provided for a nine-month notice period, and also contained a garden leave clause), Bruce attempted to resign with immediate effect, but Palace rejected that resignation (which would have amounted to a breach of contract), and sought to keep the Contract alive, by continuing to pay Bruce and honouring the Club’s contractual obligations to him. Palace sought an injunction from the High Court to enforce Bruce’s garden leave provision against him and, on the facts of that case, that injunction was granted2. Less than a month later, Palace did allow Bruce to join Birmingham, but only after Birmingham had increased their offer of compensation (allegedly from £250k to nearer the £1m Palace wanted)

I believe Bruce will offer resignation and force the issue as above - he can feck off 

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

We’ve got lots of 7/10 players. We need to get rid of 6 like that, and bring in 3 9/10 players. 

Such as?

Worse squads than ours have got promoted in recent seasons with little more than 7/10's and the right manager.

Edited by Guest

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Such as?

No idea, that’s not my job. Bottom line is that this squad is too fat with average/decent Championship players, who have proved they aren’t good enough to get out of this league. Squad is too big, not hungry enough and overpaid. It needs a huge freshen up, and a young dynamic manager with modern ideas is needed. 

Based on what Bruce said today it looks inevitable. So with that in mind, please please please Chansiri - ignore Ashley's phone calls until you've lined up a replacement. Preferably Hughton. Yes he's not such an inspirational engaging character but his record in the Championship in the last 10 years must be second to none. Then squeeze every last penny out of Newcastle in compensation. In 2017/18 they earned £126m in TV money alone. Last season was presumably even higher. If they won't put up at least £5m for a new manager they can do one.

Use the money to sign Hector, bring in a couple of pacy energetic premier league loan players in midfield and attack, and I just might be tempted to put a few quid on us swapping places with them next May.

13 minutes ago, vulva said:

No idea, that’s not my job. Bottom line is that this squad is too fat with average/decent Championship players, who have proved they aren’t good enough to get out of this league. Squad is too big, not hungry enough and overpaid. It needs a huge freshen up, and a young dynamic manager with modern ideas is needed. 

You must have an idea about the half a dozen 7/10's you want to get rid of?

As I say a few clubs have finished top 6 and even got promoted recently consisting of steady sides and a good manager without loads of 9/10's.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

As I say a few clubs have finished top 6 and even got promoted recently consisting of steady sides and a good manager without loads of 9/10's.

The good manager bit might be a problem. 

He must really love Newcastle.

Probably moved down south as a teenager. He can't have gone often over the years as he's been too busy playing and managing.

He never even played for them and I'm sure at some point it wouldn't have taken much to get a move there for a player if his quality.

But suddenly it's this big dream.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Winnall, Joao, Fox, Baker, Wildsmith, Nuhui, Van Aken, Pelupessy, Stobbs.

Thats 9 without thinking, and I’d add FF into the mix as well. 

• Thanks 1