Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

5 minutes ago, Animis said:

This is all putting the club into disrepute. 

He would clearly have liked to have been announced as Newcastle's manager by now, and boarding the plane for China. Instead he's going through the motions at Lincoln waving at the fans bizarrely singing his name.

Not sure there's any way back after these comments, as truthful as they may be.

We need to get the compo sorted and move on. God knows what will happen if Ashley and DC spin this out another week.

Putting Sheffield Wednesday into disrepute? How exactly? Our manager has been tapped up by a premier league club 3 weeks before the start of the new season. If anyone is acting in a disreputable way it’s Newcastle. Wednesday and Chansiri have done nothing wrong.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He’s just marking time then 

Fair play for staying professional and turning upto Lincoln 

Oh yeah what a top pro for doing the minimum we pay him for whilst talking to another club. Very professional, fair play.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Oh yeah what a top pro for doing the minimum we pay him for whilst talking to another club. Very professional, fair play.

Yep fair points 

just suppose with the games morals like they are I expected him not to even do that 

The compensation amount has been known since Newcastle first made the approach, which is nearly a week ago looking at the reports.

The delay therefore, is agreeing the amount. Ashley knows the amount but is either unwilling to pay or is bulling SWFC through the media and SB. Fair play to Bruce for rocking up today, but he clearly wants to go.

DC will have to tread carefully, and if the two owners are unwilling to talk, get the lawyers to sort it - but fast.

If we don't agree compo, then he has to stay.

Whether he wants to leave or not is one thing, but I'm sure he'll be professional about it if the clubs don't come to an agreement and get on with his job here. Don't buy this disillusionment talk.

At least he's being truthful. If he'd have said I'm here to stay then went next week it would be 10x worse.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yep fair points 

just suppose with the games morals like they are I expected him not to even do that 

8 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

One small interview and our fans have gone from wanting to hold out for proper compensation to getting rid at all costs, a ploy from Bruce.

Rightly or wrongly I very much doubt Chansiri will be swayed as easily. Knowing him it'll just harden his position.

Well, one way or another, I don't want Steve Bruce in the dugout against Reading.

A manager who wants out? Not for me.

Just ensure we get a reasonable amount from Fat Ashley and move on.

Our attention should be on the start of this season, not whether Mr Potatohead gets his *dream* job. 

If the barcodes don't offer enough wonga he will be our manager.

Everyone needs to stop flouncing.

If you think any of our managers since we left the prem wouldn't have wanted a move to ANY prem club if the club could agree terms, you're deluded.

Bruce has done nothing wrong. If he stays as wednesday manager, he should be shown the same support he has been shown today.

4 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Putting Sheffield Wednesday into disrepute? How exactly? Our manager has been tapped up by a premier league club 3 weeks before the start of the new season. If anyone is acting in a disreputable way it’s Newcastle. Wednesday and Chansiri have done nothing wrong.

Bruce, as out manager - he wants to go and knows what the amount is so should have got this sorted before the matter was leaked to the press. He's been in the game longer enough to know how these things work.

He's going to a club with an owner who is unwilling to abide with contract law and moral, but is still wanting to leave us - I think this is putting us into disrepute, by a lack of respect from SB as a representative of the club (still).

• Thanks 1

He will be gone 

Chansiri will be talking to replacements now, and I expect what he can achieve with that may affect wether he will relax the compensation demands to Fat Boy Ashley 

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

Those saying we should now do the deal to get him gone, what if Ashley has only offered £1m for Bruce and his staff, and has refused go higher. Should we just bend over and take it? Nah thanks. 

Isn't a prayer the owner will allow that to happen, only reason he’s still here is because Chansiri won’t be bullied by Ashley and Charnley 

I would not allow a contracted manager to go and speak with any potential new employer unless compensation had been agreed in advance. 

Letting them speak before this has created a mess - a manager who looks like he is disloyal and who doesn't want to be here, and an agitated fanbase on the eve of the season, due to uncertainty and lack of trust in the manager.

Agree the compensation up front and then let them talk.. if they can't agree compensation with you they have no right to speak with someone else's contracted employee.