Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

12 minutes ago, vulture_squadron said:

Was Bruce unhappy here before the Newcastle job came up? That's what I'm interested to know.

That VG Tips guy said Bruce was annoyed with Chansiri for broken promises- and to be fair the whole embargo/accounts affair hasn't made life easy for him.

Don't get me wrong if he's spoken to them without our consent then he's crossed a line, but I wonder whether he really would have if had room to manoeuvre in the transfer market with us. Also, if he's been offered a smaller basic salary at NUFC, knows Ashley is unpopular and the fans don't want him, then I find it weird he was so keen to go 

The things that have gone off Chansiri said would happen at the forum in December. And then Bruce reiterated the same things in his press conference. It’s not like he’s got grounds to be surprised about how the summers gone. 

I know that, as a Geordie, English isn't Steve's first language

But I'd have felt a lot happier if he'd said unless the clubs can reach a compromise, rather than until

That one word would make all the difference

He makes it sound as though he's on his way

And that DC has an obligation to help resolve this issue when the opposite is true (IMO)

44 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Bruce thought he'd be in China right now. Bruce and Ashley didn't expect the hard ball from Chansiri. Nothing much anyone can add to what we've all seen and heard this past couple of days. As a supporter, it's clear that Bruce has sorted personnel terms (this is what was Done & dusted) and wants to go. 

idiots!

For me Bruce will go, and he'll go to Newcastle 

but he'll leave on Chansiris terms,  Ashley expected Chansiri to roll over and Bruce clearly fully expected to be in China by now

There will be a deal and Bruce will scuttle off to heathrow to catch a flight and that will be that

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

For me Bruce will go, and he'll go to Newcastle 

but he'll leave on Chansiris terms,  Ashley expected Chansiri to roll over and Bruce clearly fully expected to be in China by now

There will be a deal and Bruce will scuttle off to heathrow to catch a flight and that will be that

Thats my opinion too. DC will reluctantly deal - when he's good and ready. Ashley will need to compromise. 

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Thats my opinion too. DC will reluctantly deal - when he's good and ready. Ashley will need to compromise. 

Think there will have to be a certain bit of movement from both sides. DC has to come out without losing face and Ashley has to get that moth eaten wallet out and do a deal that looks like goid cheap business to him. 

Its gonna be a titanic game of blink by two, very hard to do business with people. 

Its probably the worset scenario in trying to get stuff done. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Just now, 2roland2 said:

I don't think he will let him go. Not without Bruce trying to spit his dummy out.  

Look at the situations with Hirst and Clare, 2 players arguably a hell of a lot less important than Bruce.  

I just dont see Chansiri budging 

Bruce already has in that interview. Thats him basically making his position untenable. Hes trying to force the move his end.

D.C. will compromise when he’s found a replacement 

Could always have a Chairman that would’ve just said ‘well this was an opportunity where we couldn’t stand in Steve’s way’ 

We owe Newcastle, Bruce and Ashley absolutely nothing so bending over and helping them get it sorted before there China trip will never have been on Chansiris agenda 

He is a fat old blade who cheated as a player with his filth headers in 93 and he has cheated us. Took on Bully’s good work, grinded out a few nil nils after he hauled his 23 stone frame off the sunbed.

Barcodes are welcome to him .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Dunno, maybe you are right. Not sure, but if he is and does spit that dummy out I think he’s in for a very big shock. 

The only shock will be from Bruce when he sees his transfer budget is down 5 Mill and hes gotta dip in again to fetch his boys with him

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Bruce already has in that interview. Thats him basically making his position untenable. Hes trying to force the move his end.

By doing that interview he knows it would of turned the fans against him 

Sooner he fizzes off the better but I don’t mind Chansiri playing Russian Roulette with Ashley for bit. More cash the better just as long as he’s busy lining up a good replacement at the same time, which I believe he will be.

Time is short and we need to recruit more and sell some. If we had some kind of football structure in place beyond Paxo then this could be continuing but I’m guessing it will be rapidly grinding to a halt right now.

4 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

He is a fat old blade who cheated as a player with his filth headers in 93 and he has cheated us. Took on Bully’s good work, grinded out a few nil nils after he hauled his 23 stone frame off the sunbed.

Barcodes are welcome to him .

Idiotic post and that’s being kind. Bullen is out of his depth at this level and is only ok for a few games. Bruce is a proper manager and we need to replace like for like if we want out of this league.

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Sooner he fizzes off the better but I don’t mind Chansiri playing Russian Roulette with Ashley for bit. More cash the better just as long as he’s busy lining up a good replacement at the same time, which I believe he will be.

Time is short and we need to recruit more and sell some. If we had some kind of football structure in place beyond Paxo then this could be continuing but I’m guessing it will be rapidly grinding to a halt right now.

We did bring in a new head of recruitment in March. Trouble with that now is that he is Bruce's man.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

We did bring in a new head of recruitment in March. Trouble with that now is that he is Bruce's man.

We did but I left him out because I’m guessing he’s more scout than decision maker, and he’s Bruce’s man as you say.