Wednesday Players You Liked That Turner Out to be Guff

Regi Blinker - spectacular debut at Villa then looked brilliant for those first four games in 96, then that Udinese transfer malarkey killed his momentum.

Jim Magilton - Always liked him at Southampton, never cut it for us.

Andy Hinchcliffe - over the moon when we signed him, genuine quality but was never fit.

Giles Coke - Really wanted him to do well, had talent, maybe just wrong place, wrong time.

Stevie May - See Giles Coke.

Daniel Jones

Remember watching him for Bristol Rovers in league one and when Irvine signed him, I was delighted - thinking he'd be a perfect replacement or competition for Spurr at the left back role. He was excellent for Bristol Rovers during his loan spell in the season we were relegated from the championship

Turned out to be an awful player. 

Although it didn't help that he had Alan Irvine managing him, and also Gary Teale ahead of him in the left wing spot.

2 hours ago, robowl4life said:

Jonk... I liked him, so bol.locks to you all. I had him on back of the yellow/blue/white away shirt. 

So did I. And I stopped wearing it in public about a month into the 98-99 season!

:Sid:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Simon Donnelly for me.

I'll agree with that one, remember watching him when we'd been banned from Europe and they used to show celtic n rangers on BBC midweek. 

Playing at celtic and looked real quality. 

Was going to be the "New hope" 

The new Kenny Dalglish! 

We sign him and what happens...? 

He turns into. 

Ken'ny run, ken'ny shoot, Kenny control a ball lol

Ooh where do we begin I'll avoid the usual DeBilde, yonk, jeffers, potters etc?? 

How about Richard Cresswell, we signed him for £1million from York, England under 21 International tall good amount of pace seemed an intelligent and started off really well, then just petered out. Think Taylor took him to Leicester and ended up at Leeds and the blunts among about 20 other clubs lol

Guy Branston & Ashley Westwood, both came highly rated, Branston was a tall strong ball playing cb and Westwood a pretty quick cb. 

Thought we'd signed a really good cb partnership, about mid 20's should have complemented each other really well. 

They were both bloody awful and struggled down in the pub league too. 

• Haha 1