Wednesday Players You Liked That Turner Out to be Guff

1 hour ago, malek said:

Paul Smith had great left peg, but sadly little else. As you said, he had zero pace, couldn't beat a player, or do much else then putting in decent deep cross every now and then.

Remember guy he was brought in to fight with over that LW spot ? Richard Evans ?! Looked decent untill injuries ruined his career.

i do remember him. Absolutley rapid. Could never understand why he didn't get more starts ina  side with little burst in the attacking third.

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

My memory is awful these days... 

Didn't he play for the blunts too?? 

I played against him in a select/trial game years ago at Barnsley...he was fast.. strong.. aggressive and very skillful..it was U16 and made me realise I was a mile away from making it.

Soz...the blunts and a few other clubs were watching him.

Edited by Costello 77
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

I played against him in a select/trial game years ago at Barnsley...he was fast.. strong.. aggressive and very skillful..it was U16 and made me realise I was a mile away from making it.

Count yourself lucky, I was never that good bud. 

I was always better with the egg shaped  ball in hand. Played  semi pro at rugby. 

• Like 1

Bit out there but Haydon White who was in the U23s but turned down a contract and signed for Bolton.

The fastest player I've ever seen. Thought he was going to be a reight player and was disappointed when he left.

Played for 8 teams in 6 years, mostly on loan and barely got a game anywhere. Now finally found his level at Mansfield.