Wednesday Players You Liked That Turner Out to be Guff

11 hours ago, lambownumber5 said:

Maybe I was young and easily impressed back then but Owen Morrison. That boy looked the shizzle for about 5 games, cutting in and scoring 30 Yard screamers for fun until everyone sussed out he was a right footed, one trick pony playing on the left wing.

Think that his fall from grace had more to do with his friendship with Steve Harkness who took him under his wing and helped him ruin his career.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, NYowl said:

Simon Stainrod

Simon Stainrod was a very good player but was never given a proper chance by Wilko.

it was around the time when Wilko was trying to add more quality cus teams were starting to suss us out , but he would pick him for a game or two then revert to type.

Similar to Mark Chamberlain.........right player , wrong time...............i was gutted when Wilko sold him on quickly , and even more gutted when he scored four goals on his debut for  Villa !!!

12 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Simon Stainrod was a very good player but was never given a proper chance by Wilko.

it was around the time when Wilko was trying to add more quality cus teams were starting to suss us out , but he would pick him for a game or two then revert to type.

Similar to Mark Chamberlain.........right player , wrong time...............i was gutted when Wilko sold him on quickly , and even more gutted when he scored four goals on his debut for  Villa !!!

I agree he was a very good player and also a Wednesday  fan.

I remember seeing him on TV banging them in for QPR and he looked very good. and I was really pleased we signed him. 

He came for a big fee to us but for us he just didn't produce,  just got a couple of goals.

Personally I don't think he suited the high work ethic that Wilko demanded.

Good point right player wrong time.

11 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

I was excited when we signed Stainrod. He scored after 2 minutes at Forest one night and we won 1-0. I thought not only is he a good player he's a lucky charm ! Oops !

On 20/03/2019 at 22:40, CalmJimmers said:

International breaks have become a bit more enjoyable recently with Southgate and his waistcoats, but we still need summat to pass the time with until we surge into the playoffs and smash dem blavdes home and away.

So, who were some Wednesday players you thought were the dogs danglies but turned out chuffing rubbish.

I’ll get the ball rolling:-

Caolan Lavery - Thought he looked decent personally, slammed a few in edge of the box if I remember. Now playing for Bury. Also turned out for them lot so automatically crap.

Will Keane - Scored a good goal against Derby (I think) and wouldn’t have minded us signing him. Now plays for Ipswich and getting tonked each week.

Drew Talbot - Great goal to help send us up at Cardiff, thought he had pace and could finish. Played most of his career at RB for Chesterfield ffs.

Alex Ferguson had a worse record than that so I’m taking it. Who did you think in all of your football knowledge would be a superstar and is now crap?

Looks like you have taken a disliking to Chris Turner in your thread title.