Wednesday Players You Liked That Turner Out to be Guff

8 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

International breaks have become a bit more enjoyable recently with Southgate and his waistcoats, but we still need summat to pass the time with until we surge into the playoffs and smash dem blavdes home and away.

So, who were some Wednesday players you thought were the dogs danglies but turned out chuffing rubbish.

I’ll get the ball rolling:-

Caolan Lavery - Thought he looked decent personally, slammed a few in edge of the box if I remember. Now playing for Bury. Also turned out for them lot so automatically crap.

Will Keane - Scored a good goal against Derby (I think) and wouldn’t have minded us signing him. Now plays for Ipswich and getting tonked each week.

Drew Talbot - Great goal to help send us up at Cardiff, thought he had pace and could finish. Played most of his career at RB for Chesterfield ffs.

Alex Ferguson had a worse record than that so I’m taking it. Who did you think in all of your football knowledge would be a superstar and is now crap?

TBF to Talbot he had a pretty serious injury and lost a lot of his pace. Obviously had a football brain to carry on as long as he did.

Darren Wood - When money was really tight useless Eustace spaffed £400,000 on this guy........must be good i thought............he was appalling.

As already mentioned, Stevie May , Simon Donnelly, Giles de Bilde , Andy Sinton

Also,

Garry Thompson - The next Cyrille Regis i thought..................i was wrong

David Graham - Shrewd bit of business i thought.....................i was wrong

Eric Cantona - looked really good in the 5 a side thingy, just could not cut it on grass.  Dont know what happened to him when he left us, think he ended up chasing seagulls away on a trawler somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Matias is one I thought was going to be better than he’s turned out to be. Top Portuguese goal scorer in his league and then that debut against Bristol City where he missed a couple of good chances. Every time he plays I still have hope he will be good, dodgy Blackburn keepers aside. There’s still time Marco!

40 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Darren Wood - When money was really tight useless Eustace spaffed £400,000 on this guy........must be good i thought............he was appalling.

As already mentioned, Stevie May , Simon Donnelly, Giles de Bilde , Andy Sinton

Also,

Garry Thompson - The next Cyrille Regis i thought..................i was wrong

David Graham - Shrewd bit of business i thought.....................i was wrong

I thought that Garry Thompson was pretty good.

Some good calls on here, and certainly I fell for the Henson, Jonk and Bothroyd hype, but although I had no real expectations of him, most would surely say Jordan Rhodes None of the others created so much hype, or cost so much money, though arguably some were more of a let down All things considered though, he probably tops the bill

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox

Jon Otsemobor. Tbh, I always thought he was alright, and I liked that he was built like a tank. He used to reply to my twitter messages too - what a guy!! But everyone used to slate him, so I guess my opinion was blinkered. 

8 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Honestly, Andy Pearce, When we signed him I thought, brilliant, the perfect tall, good in the air, take no s*it defender to play alongside Des. Didn't end well.....Also, Rodri. Turns up from Barca B, scores a cracker against Brum in the game we were so comfortable in that Reda got bored and killed chris burke for a pen, for legit no reason coz Semi had him covered. Then, well, does f*ck all, for the rest of the season.

Rodri - was not totally his fault badly managed by DJ and went on to do well elsewhere.

Efan Ekouku - when we signed him thought, ok he was good at Wimbledon. Turned out to be garbage !!!!!

Andy Pearce - as above.

De Bilde - Though were signing a top striker her - oh dear.

Adam Proudlock - looked good on loan, came back with wolves and destroyed us, signed him and was t0ss.

Frank Songoo - Looked class on loan at us but never went on to do anything.

This list is endless !!!!