Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

I'll be disappointed if we don't get Hector but I can't blame DC for not willing to pay 5 million if that's what they're asking. His only really good season on loan was with us and we did a late deal for him on deadline day last year. DC has shown he is willing to splash some cash and if he feels it's not in the club's best interest to bow to Chelsea's demands, fair enough.

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

I assume this would be instead of Murphy?  That seemed like a done deal. 

Not sure, if we were interested in Aarons as well, assume we're still in the market for wide players. 

Think Murphy is done deal 

47 minutes ago, nbupperthongowl said:

DC brinkmanship....£2m better than nothing Frank

I doubt Frank is involved in the negotiations regarding Hector. They've probably got a big department that deals with the load of players they loan out.

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

I doubt Frank is involved in the negotiations regarding Hector. They've probably got a big department that deals with the load of players they loan out.

I think that’s probably one of the big problems with the Hector deal.

It’s ran by Chelsea like a secondary business. If Hector could knock on the doors of Lampard or Buck and ask for abit more flexibility from them I’m sure he would. But unfortunately Chelsea don’t function like a normal club, so anything concerning Hector’s career is probably a million miles away from crossing their desks. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

I'll be disappointed if we don't get Hector but I can't blame DC for not willing to pay 5 million if that's what they're asking. His only really good season on loan was with us and we did a late deal for him on deadline day last year. DC has shown he is willing to splash some cash and if he feels it's not in the club's best interest to bow to Chelsea's demands, fair enough.

I think £5m for a player they sign for £4m and has never played a game is steep.

If they drop their price to £2-3m we might do a deal but for me £5m is too much - could be the reason we are looking at McKenna in Scotland and Bates in Germany - need to get cracking though only just over 4 hours to get everything done.

Bristol city have tonnes of midfielders and are wanting to move some on. 

O'Dowda scored 4 and assisted 5 in 30 games last season. Not bad really. Would be a smart signing for the right price. Would be a downgrade on Resch though if Reach was to leave