Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

32 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

8m for Luiz or 5m for Hector with 12 month left, they need a reality check. 

David Luiz is 32 though and loved Sarri, so has had his nose put out of joint.  I doubt he'd have been there past next season anyway.  *shrug*

DC will knock them down, I reckon.

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Weren't we interested in him a while back? 

Clesrly seems like we're trying a few other options than Hector for less than £5M. Effing Chelsea just let us have him ffs 

100% the right strategy. If Chelsea are wanting ridiculous money for Hector then that's familiar ground for us. We've been here before and should look at different options. There's still the January window if he doesn't go anywhere.

3 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

David Bates was highly thought of a couple of years ago. I'm sure i read he had a tricky start at Hamburg but then improved enough to get a Scotland call up.

Still prefer Hec though.

Agree, but have to cut our cloth accordingly and not in a position to spend £5m on a player right now due to FFP.

Hector would be my first choice by a mile, but a younger player like Bates a good fit, considering how well Borner settled in and likely one of them would be on the bench. I do wonder who makes way for Hector, what happens to Thornily's development and why we've not moved out Van Aken?

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Agree, but have to cut our cloth accordingly and not in a position to spend £5m on a player right now due to FFP.

Hector would be my first choice by a mile, but a younger player like Bates a good fit, considering how well Borner settled in and likely one of them would be on the bench. I do wonder who makes way for Hector, what happens to Thornily's development and why we've not moved out Van Aken?

Still got time to shift Van Aken, seeing as he is more likely to go abroad if he goes