Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Genuine question - David Luiz - international, winner, legend and leader - 8 million yet Chelski want 5 for a bloke that has never played for them. 

Cmon Frank - cut us some slack!

Should be a rule on how much you sell a youth player if you have never bothered with him, Chelsea demand a profit on him but why, that would stop big clubs scooping them up if there was a cap on fees 

2 hours ago, Mrmason69 said:

7We've needlessly signed a aging Goalie when we have have good young keepers in the reserves. 

What is it with Wednesday? Why do we consistently refuse to bring players through from the reserves? Why do we even bother having young players when clearly we have little intention of promoting them to the full squad. 

What message has this silly Goalie signing sent to the young players at the club? 

It tells them one thing. We aren't good enough to even sit on the bench. 

I have no idea who makes the decisions at Wednesday. Is the owner still running things. And with bullan as manager the owner will have a free run again at making a mess of the first team. If Bullen has taken the decision on his own to sign this Goalie then he isn't up to the job. 

Wr are needlessly wasting money again. I thought money was short at the club. Apparently not 

Yet more perplexing and througorly unprofessional decisions being made at the club 

You do understand that we are actually a goalie short, cannot promote em all or we will end up with a 5 year old in the under 18s

• Haha 3

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I don’t think we need one if we have pace either side.

I think Fletch will have a field day with Murphy, Harris, Reach and Bannan supplying him. I think Fletch produces when he is given service. 20+ league goals this season from him.

20 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Does anyone else still think we need a pacey striker?

We haven’t been linked with one but perhaps a surprise later?

We do yea but I cant see us getting 1 this window. This is if Rhodes leaves though

Edited by stocksyuto

53 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

What about my point of us not bringing anyone through from the reserves? I'm not one of those lemmings who rush to the cliff. Half of our fans would jump off the roof of the North stand If they were told to. 

If people are deemed to be moaners then maybe their complaining is as a direct result of this clubs peculiar business methods and approach to man management. Cause and effect 

What's the name of that guy who went in goal on Saturday, after Westwood got himself sent off, ya know that young reserve fella, who played most of last season, and could quite possibly play on Saturday.

No, you're quite right, we don't promote or play the younguns, must be a different swfc to the one you consistently whinge, whine moan about. 

Mind you, there is one blessing in this, it changes your tack from that "mythical" £50,000 a week gubbins. 

12 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Is that Lo Celso any good for Tottenham?

I get the feeling its a panic buy, 65m but not as good as Dybala

They've been courting him a while, had numerous bids rejected at the start of the window so not a panic buy. Very impressive last year in Spain.