Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

26 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Two weeks to the first game of the season then something like 5 days later the transfer window shuts.

will we have a new manager in by then, will we be singing any more players or getting a few in on loan.

We really do always leave everything until the last minute and because of this we have been slow starters for 3 of the 4 full seasons under DC, please SWFC, Let's not make it 4 in 5.

get a new manager in asap and a few signings in areas we need left back, centre back and right midfield and get some of the kids out on season loans to improve them. :tango:

To be fair, this might not be Chansiri's fault on this occasion...

:duntmatter:

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Haha 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
25 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Two weeks to the first game of the season then something like 5 days later the transfer window shuts.

will we have a new manager in by then, will we be singing any more players or getting a few in on loan.

We really do always leave everything until the last minute and because of this we have been slow starters for 3 of the 4 full seasons under DC, please SWFC, Let's not make it 4 in 5.

get a new manager in asap and a few signings in areas we need left back, centre back and right midfield and get some of the kids out on season loans to improve them. :tango:

I’m pretty sure Odubajo is going to play at left back so I doubt one is on the radar.

29 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Agree with the concern but I'd rather wait & get the right man (if there's one available) than rush to get someone unsuitable in just so we can make a couple of signings.

Wouldn't surprise me if we have signings already lined up but are waiting for a couple of outgoings before we can complete them.

There’s a lot of work to be done. Would like to see Wildsmith, Baker and possibly Penney out on season long loans. I just don’t get why we don’t like to loan our players out for their development.

We need to be targeting 3 players as a minimum - Hector, new central midfielder who has got some physicality who can get around the pitch and another winger. I’d only go for a left back if we can offload Morgan Fox.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
33 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

There’s a lot of work to be done. Would like to see Wildsmith, Baker and possibly Penney out on season long loans. I just don’t get why we don’t like to loan our players out for their development.

We need to be targeting 3 players as a minimum - Hector, new central midfielder who has got some physicality who can get around the pitch and another winger. I’d only go for a left back if we can offload Morgan Fox.

The reason is DC asks for all their wages to be payed.

Guest domSWFC

Just come across this on Facebook... Who would we take from them? Lazaar and Aaron's again? Murphy and Colback? 

FB_IMG_1563703892330.jpg

Edited by domSWFC

9 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Seriously though, who on earth is stupid enough to want Fox, he'll be here until his contract expires. One of the worst signings EVER

2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

If it's true we're getting four Toon players, it might be logical that it's the four players who haven't been given squad numbers - Aarons, Lazaar, Jack Colback and Henri Saivet? 

Saviet is 28,

Aarons is 23,

Lazaar 27,

Colback 29,

The loan rules say 4 from any club, only 2 can be over 23. Take your pick but we can't have all of them. A couple of U23's as makeweights.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, prowl said:

Saviet is 28,

Aarons is 23,

Lazaar 27,

Colback 29,

The loan rules say 4 from any club, only 2 can be over 23. Take your pick but we can't have all of them. A couple of U23's as makeweights.

Strange that Bruce hunted Aarons and Lazaar down to feature strongly, now doesn't even rate them for a squad number ? 

For 10 years we are neglecting future and not looking to bring in players we can develop and earn a bit on in the future. Especially now with fair play rules in place it is more important then ever. We should be atractive opportunity for premiership youngsters with good potential looking for game time, and lower league players available for little money that are ready to make step up and motivated to do well at this level.

Shame, we are not looking to bring in another Brunt and Whelan, or Kieran Lee.

• Like 1