Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Think Jansson was a little bit overrated myself, though it does depend if Bielsa actually gets to bring in a ball-playing centre half as a replacement. Must admit I didn’t know Hernandez is that old though.

theyv'e enquired about Hector

Our squad + hector and another cdm, is looking good indeed

If we keep Rhodes and get him firing plus goals from Joao and Reach, we've got enough there too (...and if Nuhiu recaptures his form from a couple of years ago, possibly there's at least another 20 to 30 goals as well lol)

I think we need to work hard to get some players out on loan though (kirby/baker?)

Edited by jomaco

50 minutes ago, jomaco said:

If we keep Rhodes and get him firing plus goals from Joao and Reach, we've got enough there too (...and if Nuhiu recaptures his form from a couple of years ago, possibly there's at least another 20 to 30 goals as well lol)

I think we need to work hard to get some players out on loan though (kirby/baker?)

My concern is the striking department ti be honest. In 4 seasons now they've failed to deliver and because we are so top heavy its not an area will be looking to strengthen. We've not managed to get rid of any yet either which is a huge worry. 

I like the players we have and i think they're a good bunch but we're not good enough for top 6 in my opinion. Maybe a top manager and 2-3 players and we will be. 

53 minutes ago, jomaco said:

I think midfield is still weak. Defence done if we get Hector, but still lacking wide midfield cover and CM options. 

I think we would like a different option up front with pace, but dependent on someone leaving first .

We're not far away, but still need 2 or 3 in and some moving out to balance. 

5 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Favourites along with Newcastle I believe.

Underdog status will suit them massively though. Wouldn’t be surprised if they stay up

I think they'll have done very well to stay up. I would have thought their style from last season would leave them very exposed against Prem level opposition. But maybe I'll be wrong.

1 hour ago, striker said:

I think midfield is still weak. Defence done if we get Hector, but still lacking wide midfield cover and CM options. 

I think we would like a different option up front with pace, but dependent on someone leaving first .

We're not far away, but still need 2 or 3 in and some moving out to balance. 

Pace upfront if someone leaves, most concerned about cdm cover myself at the moment, JP is doing well but is it enough if hutch is injured

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

My concern is the striking department ti be honest. In 4 seasons now they've failed to deliver and because we are so top heavy its not an area will be looking to strengthen. We've not managed to get rid of any yet either which is a huge worry. 

I like the players we have and i think they're a good bunch but we're not good enough for top 6 in my opinion. Maybe a top manager and 2-3 players and we will be. 

I wouldn't complain if we got rid of a striker or two, it's just getting in a better replacement that might be tricky - if we can make space for one low cost gamble though, could pay off. 

Reading have confirmed the signing of free agent Michael Morrison on a two year deal. 

The centre-back was most recently the captain of Birmingham City, but was released by the Blues earlier this summer after four years (plus a year’s loan) at the club. 

3 hours ago, jomaco said:

I hate to be negative but Kadeem Harris does not offer the same as 3 men.

Lazaar, Aarrons, Matias. (Attacking outlets)

We need another, taller option attacker...Like a Callum O'Dowda (obviously not him now, as you need to do your homework to pluck him from Oxford) but someone similar. Another Reach.

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Reading have confirmed the signing of free agent Michael Morrison on a two year deal. 

The centre-back was most recently the captain of Birmingham City, but was released by the Blues earlier this summer after four years (plus a year’s loan) at the club. 

What a shame his side will be conceding 4 goals in their opening championship game.

lol

17 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I hate to be negative but Kadeem Harris does not offer the same as 3 men.

Lazaar, Aarrons, Matias. (Attacking outlets)

We need another, taller option attacker...Like a Callum O'Dowda (obviously not him now, as you need to do your homework to pluck him from Oxford) but someone similar. Another Reach.

Judging by the brief bits from friendlies, it looks like Odubajo will be an attacking threat.

So him, Harris, FF, Reach, Joao...

Not looking too bad there

6 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Judging by the brief bits from friendlies, it looks like Odubajo will be an attacking threat.

He’s fitted in well on the left, when most thought he’d operate on the right

15 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Lets hope so. And all being well, Penney will shine and Lee will replace Matias. 

We probably have to keep our fingers crossed more than most, injury wise.