Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

They were averaging 70% possession during promotion season. They weren't strong defensively, but that was due to Jokanovic's philosophy. I'm sure they'll be more resilient under Parker. Gray still there as well isn't he? 

Still early and tricky to say for me but I'd have them in the mix. Their creativity and goals, should no doubt have them up there or thereabouts alone, add some resilience to that and they'll have a very good chance of going up automatic. I'd still at the moment, see someone like Cardiff as a better bet than them though.

It should be quite open. Cardiff I think, should bounce straight back; the likes of West Brom, Fulham, Leeds, Bristol City, Brentford and Middlesbrough should be in the mix. Whilst the likes of Forest; Blackburn, Preston and us could be dark horses.

Our chances are still there even despite losing Bruce but it won't help the longer it drags on finding a suitable replacement. Unless we get someone decent in soon and add a few more players, our chances will diminish. We'll most probably come up short, outside of the play off places to be honest. But this level throws up surprises, hopefully it can be our turn to spring a surprise.

1 hour ago, The Night-Owl said:

Even with those creative and attacking players, I still think someone like Cardiff would be a better bet. They will be harder to beat with Warnock in charge, stronger defensively and more direct. If Fulham don't strengthen defensively as a team, they'll play decent stuff but fall short of top 2 I reckon. Think you need a bit of both at this level to succeed, teams like Cardiff are more suited to mix it up when needed, to grind out results but still kill games off. Teams like Fulham and Leeds, need to mix it up a bit more or they will fall short.

Yep

Aden Flint will probably score more goals than Knochaert

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Alan Judge looks like going to QPR for a snip , I said I’d be wary of him because of fitness but if the risk pays off for QPR that’s a hell of a smart signing 

would have loved him at S6 Pre injury 

As you say he was quality at this level before his serious injury but he has been back a couple of years since then and has not looked like getting back to the same level. Real shame for him but he will be 31 this season and it just looks like the injury has taken its toll.

3 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Heard a whisper there’s quite a bit of interest in Dawson and Wildsmith , 1 possible championship club and permanent deal 

Would depend on the fee in terms of a permanent as you are buying potential at their age. We should certainly be looking to get one of them out but I would prefer it to be on loan so we can further assess. 

31 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Seen online that Onomah might join Fulham as part of sessegnon moving to spurs. They are saying this would be a blow to us as we wanted him. Personally, he was ok last season but don't mind losing him.

Valued at 10 million, they're welcome to him. Sounds like he might be going as part of Sessignon deal.

2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

A soft embargo means max. new player wage of £11,500 per week gross.

Only Rotherham pay less to (ex) Championship level players.

You think Rotherham are the only team in league 1 to pay less than 11.5k per week.

WTF!