Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

What, who says we are missing out on Hector?

This is the thing about you Guru. And I say this with respect, sincerely:

You have a great idea about what would improve our squad. You constantly aspire to Wednesday doing better. I admire that, I really do. But the issue is, and again I say this with the utmost respect, you have very little grasp on the reality of our situation and how much in the sh*t we are. You constantly dismiss our potential signings while wishing we could kick on and get better, but the problem with that is we actually aren't in a financial or position "reputationally" to make the moves you want.

I'm not sure Hector is coming here. I'm not sure we can afford him, nor anyone with a similar fee. I'm not sure we're out an embargo. I'm not sure the club would tell us whether we were or weren't. I'm not sure the club has the ability to do so quickly. 

I hope I'm wrong and you have a far more accurate handle on where our club is positioned, because your view on where the club is at and its potential is heartwarming and sincerely better than my own gloomy outlook. I hope the radio silence and apparent lack of movement on transfers is due entirely to our lack of manager, and the wheels can turn very quickly once we fill that position. I suspect, however, that much like last season it won't be until after the window shuts that we're given an honest appraisal of our position in the market. And when we're given that honest appraisal, it will be obvious that Hector was just a pipedream. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This is the thing about you Guru. And I say this with respect, sincerely:

You have a great idea about what would improve our squad. You constantly aspire to Wednesday doing better. I admire that, I really do. But the issue is, and again I say this with the utmost respect, you have very little grasp on the reality of our situation and how much in the sh*t we are. You constantly dismiss our potential signings while wishing we could kick on and get better, but the problem with that is we actually aren't in a financial or position "reputationally" to make the moves you want.

I'm not sure Hector is coming here. I'm not sure we can afford him, nor anyone with a similar fee. I'm not sure we're out an embargo. I'm not sure the club would tell us whether we were or weren't. I'm not sure the club has the ability to do so quickly. 

I hope I'm wrong and you have a far more accurate handle on where our club is positioned, because your view on where the club is at and its potential is heartwarming and sincerely better than my own gloomy outlook. I hope the radio silence and apparent lack of movement on transfers is due entirely to our lack of manager, and the wheels can turn very quickly once we fill that position. I suspect, however, that much like last season it won't be until after the window shuts that we're given an honest appraisal of our position in the market. And when we're given that honest appraisal, it will be obvious that Hector was just a pipedream. 

Trust me

Guest domSWFC
53 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Welcome home Ben10

Double signing announcement imminent, Marshall and Le Fondre. 

13 hours ago, brian joicey said:

Too many unanswered question about the ground sale would be my guess ,and one of the reasons why Bruce wanted out and the hughtons of this world are staying well clear 

Absolutely nowt to do with Bruce leaving!

12 hours ago, wilyfox said:

If that's true and most of our transfer activity is done, then I fear for our season. 

Tbh I don't, I think we will be in the mix come January and then a couple of signings in Jan will hopefully get us in the play offs. We won't get automatic. Fulham and Leeds/West brom. 

4 hours ago, bubbleowl said:

Is it me or is our club a complete shambles

maybe people can now see last weeks 'unpopular opinion' (of the Bruce defection) a little more clearly ? he obviously had a first hand view of exactly how much of a shambles it is (and maybe hughton etc too ) 

5 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

maybe people can now see last weeks 'unpopular opinion' (of the Bruce defection) a little more clearly ? he obviously had a first hand view of exactly how much of a shambles it is (and maybe hughton etc too ) 

It was really convenient that he had a job to go to at Newcastle then.. otherwise he'd be stuck here at this "shambles"... wouldn't he?

• Like 1

Bruce didn’t leave for anything behind the scenes, he left because it was Newcastle United and he tried to use ‘broken promises’ to save a bit of his reputation

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, Bigblueowl said:

Read it again ding bat. Etc..... Derrrrrr. 

So I missed the etc, my bad! Thanks for the childish insults by the way, how old are you? 16?

Guest Kagoshimaowl
8 hours ago, Sonny said:

Maybe you missed the ‘etc’...

Sure looks like it!!  Oops! My bad!:blush: