Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

9 minutes ago, Bagarri said:

Happened with Whelan and Brunt too...

Don't remember it so much with Whelan but Brunt got loads of stick. Crazy really as he was only a kid, was one of our best players at that time and moved on to have a really consistent career in the top flight.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Don't remember it so much with Whelan but Brunt got loads of stick. Crazy really as he was only a kid, was one of our best players at that time and moved on to have a really consistent career in the top flight.

I remember Brunt warming up in front of South stand when he was a sub and he received some right abuse from some fans.

Whelan had a dodgy spell and was left out of side for a while (think it was under Sturrock) and it looked like he was done at club but he fought his way back into side and became a very good player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modboy said:

When does this competition finish?

Depends how they do on Sunday.  If they win, I assume he'll play on Wednesday in the Semi, then potentially 08/07 in the final.  So if, if, we did sign him, he'd miss Portugal completely...

50 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

We cannot allow Fox to start a league game, complete liability, and from what I've been told his team mates think the same

Harsh but true

He was pretty tidy after we sacked Luhukay.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Played 10 in a row and we only lost 1.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

No what I said was we don't develop from under 18 to the first team, Thorniley came from Everton youth team and Wildsmith was already in the first team set up. Yes Dawson came through and Penney played a dozen games, but that's it nothing else.

Baker, Neilson, Jack lee, Fraser Preston all pick up from other youth set ups. We are simple not developing the kids, which means something is not right between 18-22 in the club's development structure.

If we don't get better at producing players we will continue to be uncompetitive in this league.

Sometimes the kids just aren't good enough, sometimes they are. It's not a productiojn line they don't all come off the end as a finished product.

Personally I don't care if we bring someone through all the way from the U 8's to the first team or pick up other teams cast off under 23's. What matters is we bring through one every year or even one every couple of years.

We've neglected the youth for donkeys years and it will take a while to sort it out. It's still early days.

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

Depends how they do on Sunday.  If they win, I assume he'll play on Wednesday in the Semi, then potentially 08/07 in the final.  So if, if, we did sign him, he'd miss Portugal completely...

He was pretty tidy after we sacked Luhukay.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯   Played 10 in a row and we only lost 1.  

Face it he's utter gash, worst left back in the league

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

We could have done worse. But in fairness to us we’ve recruited a few good looking freebie signings of our own. I doubt Charlton will be near us in the league this season.

They're miles above us right now, stupid ruddy alphabet!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Would you have been pleased if they were good cheap signings by us.?

Aneke yes as I think he’s got a touch of class to go with his pace and directness. But if we go with a front 3, I’d rather see forestieri, fletcher and harris. Although I believe Aneke could have been a solid squad  player 

if we are in for Aarons again on loan I’d be happy with that instead though. 

I am hard to please when it comes to Wednesday transfer rumours, but I’d be more than happy to take Onomah back. The kid has got talent, loads of it Yes it’s fair to say, we didn’t see too many signs of that talent last season, but he was hampered by injury. Like Joao, he lacks consistency, but they have potential to reach a level, some of our more limited players could only dream of. With regular game time, hopefully that consistency will come. Certainly I don’t buy into any of this “he’s not bothered, he just strolls around” business. In the early days of his career, similar things were said about Chris Waddle, mainly due to his gait, and laid back style. If Onomah can blossom into a fraction of the player Waddle was, we’ll all be happy. If the price is right, he’s worth a punt, in my opinion

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I am hard to please when it comes to Wednesday transfer rumours, but I’d be more than happy to take Onomah back. The kid has got talent, loads of it Yes it’s fair to say, we didn’t see too many signs of that talent last season, but he was hampered by injury. Like Joao, he lacks consistency, but they have potential to reach a level, some of our more limited players could only dream of. With regular game time, hopefully that consistency will come. Certainly I don’t buy into any of this “he’s not bothered, he just strolls around” business. In the early days of his career, similar things were said about Chris Waddle, mainly due to his gait, and laid back style. If Onomah can blossom into a fraction of the player Waddle was, we’ll all be happy. If the price is right, he’s worth a punt, in my opinion

Your respect can be Hard To Earn, but it rarely feels like you're being negative Just To Get A Rep, and if there are those who disagree then I wouldn't Take It Personal

Sometimes you just have to Check The Technique to see that a player like Onomah has Skills, and as long as he's prepared to put in the necessary Work, then he should go on to have a Mass Appeal with our fanbase. 

Only time will tell, but I sense we're approaching the Moment Of Truth.

17 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

There are still some on here who would hero worship a team full of Chris O'Gradys and Reda Johnson's.

We need footballers with technical ability.

If we were spending money on any of last years injury prone loan players then Lazar (sp?) would be the one I’d gamble on. You could see the lad had genuine ability, a bit of pace and a good work ethic. He’d make a cracking wingback at this level if he could ever stay fit.

I know you should not judge players by the amount of minutes Lazar played for us but he just seemed to instantly ooze class.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

E50C81D1-1EF3-4357-9A04-3FD2E58EE97B.jpeg

Think we could save his medical for owls in the park? Laps of Hillsborough park followed by a swim in the pond then a 1 v 1 with Fessi on the hook a duck.

Edited by swfc1983
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Aren't you being a sheep by just following what your mates said about him at Villa rather than the opinion of the manager who played him in a top 6 side?

When Bruce makes a signing that doesn't work out for us then by all means debate it. It hasn't happened yet so I will give him the benefit of his knowledge and experience in being one of the most successful managers at this level.

very true ,you have to back the manager ….that's why I find it strange that so many say fox is useless and shouldn't be in the squad yet bruce kept picking him , it's like we know best and the manager hasn't got a clue which is probably not true .