Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

26 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Didnt see any new players when i drove past the ground this morning, only Paxo getting out of his car in the directors car park. I was hoping he had vanished off the scene by now. 

Did your School report ever mention,

must pay more attention

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Didnt see any new players when i drove past the ground this morning, only Paxo getting out of his car in the directors car park. I was hoping he had vanished off the scene by now. 

You might have been better off driving past the training ground a few times if you were hoping to spot the players during the first day of pre-season training! :ph34r:

29 minutes ago, 19owl08 said:

Coincidence that Hector posted this earlier on the day our players returned for preseason?

CE87E588-1C63-4849-9EB8-744DE5FEBEA4.jpeg

Bad attitude.

Doesn't want to run.

Just wants the knees up in Portugal and Germany.

:)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is that you thinking of how many players went out on loan or is that basically you using Wiki as your prime source of information as the 'loaned out' section of us and Utd tallies exactly with that.

Not sure where you get your Rotherham and Barnsley info from but Rotherham might have been better served using some of these players themselves given how well their season went.

When using Wiki you should at least try to analyse the info a bit more. At least half a dozen of the Utd players sent out on loan were senior players that had been signed by Wilder in the previous 12 months but had not worked out. I am sure if we had made that many signings that couldn't get near the first team you would be having a dig at us for that.

The likes of Thorniley, Wildsmith, Dawson and Penney have come through for us since DC started to restructure a neglected academy. That should be praised but as usual you have chosen to ignore that.

Maybe we could have sent more youngsters out on loan last year but there has to be interest and it has to be right for the player. What age would you be sending them out at and where to? Keeping the Under 18's together has perhaps helped them to develop together successfully. The current approach has seen more players develop into our first team than was the case previously so it is going in the right direction.

No what I said was we don't develop from under 18 to the first team, Thorniley came from Everton youth team and Wildsmith was already in the first team set up. Yes Dawson came through and Penney played a dozen games, but that's it nothing else.

Baker, Neilson, Jack lee, Fraser Preston all pick up from other youth set ups. We are simple not developing the kids, which means something is not right between 18-22 in the club's development structure.

If we don't get better at producing players we will continue to be uncompetitive in this league.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No what I said was we don't develop from under 18 to the first team, Thorniley came from Everton youth team and Wildsmith was already in the first team set up. Yes Dawson came through and Penney played a dozen games, but that's it nothing else.

Baker, Neilson, Jack lee, Fraser Preston all pick up from other youth set ups. We are simple not developing the kids, which means something is not right between 18-22 in the club's development structure.

If we don't get better at producing players we will continue to be uncompetitive in this league.

A few have us have already given you the main reason why we had to go out and get youngsters from elsewhere - as our academy had been neglected by previous regimes for years. 

Nurturing your own players through from a young age doesn't happen overnight, especially when we have lost ground to most other clubs in the area due to not investing in the academy previously.  

As for that last bit, think it sums up where you are coming from most of the time. We have been more competitive in this league under the current owner than under any other owner since relegation. One season in 4 in the bottom half, two in the top 6 and 1 in 12th. How many times had we finished above 12th prior to his arrival. 

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

I hope not..If we’re to spend money, let’s buy someone who turns up

It’s got disaster written all over it IMO 

Edited by Rogers

1 minute ago, Rogers said:

I hope not..If we’re spend money, let’s buy   someone who turns up

It’s got disaster written all over it IMO 

He turned up for pretty much a full season under Bruce when Villa got to the play-off final. We certainly didn't see the best of him last season but not sure we should be writing him off.

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He turned up for pretty much a full season under Bruce when Villa got to the play-off final. We certainly didn't see the best of him last season but not sure we should be writing him off.

Villa fans beg to differ as to if he turned up

• Haha 1

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

Not according to the 4 Villa season tickets holders that I know.  Inconsistent and lazy, was the general opinion 

• Haha 1