Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest gizowl
34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I think the Rhodes deal is dead in the water. 

Did he report back with the rest of the players yesterday?

42 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Meh just don’t like people singling out posters and being a wee pipe to them mate, 

billyblack and a few others on here get constant grief for posting, agree with him or don’t but no need to be a wee pipe to him constantly , and it is constant, they do it to a few on here.

fizz the geek circle lol 

Have a decent word to say about the club or anything to do with it, maybe occasionally pretend to actually be a SWFC supporter and not post absolute garbage 24/7 and you and ur mate billy might not get ‘grief’ 

44 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Meh just don’t like people singling out posters and being a wee pipe to them mate, 

billyblack and a few others on here get constant grief for posting, agree with him or don’t but no need to be a wee pipe to him constantly , and it is constant, they do it to a few on here.

fizz the geek circle lol 

Pointed this out before, once ambushed you've had'it.

• Haha 1

Just had to hide a load of posts. Can we tone it down please?

Those who are doing most of the squabbling have actually posted some decent content in this thread - when they've stuck to talking about football.

People want to discuss the topic without having to read pages of insults stemming from a personal spat. Please stick to the thread. We don't want to be handing out bans.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I'm saying 2 pages before it kicks off again lol

Aaron Wan-Bissaka all but confirmed now, 50m is mega money. But does this mean that someone like Fosu-Mensah might be available again?

I'm sure at some point, Bruce will use his contacts to get us some extra quality in on loan. The highly difficult work at present seems to be the wheeling and dealing, with the hindrance of the financial issues, trying to get players out and being able to bring in the players Bruce wants to play his way, whilst freshening up and modernising the squad. Hopefully Bruce can somehow wheel and deal in, some quality like Hector but also some quality loanees to add to the frees, some bargains and what we've already got. As long as Bruce can do things his way and re-shape the squad how he wants, we've got a chance in this League, purely because of the manager we've got.

Edited by The Night-Owl

27 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Che Adams bids farewell to his team-mates after Birmingham City accept £16m offer from Southampton.

Saints’ Matt Targett to Villa for £14m rising to £17m with add-ons

Crazy money in the PL for newly promoted teams 

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

very true ,you have to back the manager ….that's why I find it strange that so many say fox is useless and shouldn't be in the squad yet bruce kept picking him , it's like we know best and the manager hasn't got a clue which is probably not true .  

Fox improved in a few games but I think the fact Bruce chose to play Palmer at left-back speaks volumes.

7 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fox improved in a few games but I think the fact Bruce chose to play Palmer at left-back speaks volumes.

Exactly, picks a right footed player at left back because the only fit left back we have is simply league 1 level at best. Awful awful footballer, again harsh but true. Fox will not be involved this season

15 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Exactly, picks a right footed player at left back because the only fit left back we have is simply league 1 level at best. Awful awful footballer, again harsh but true. Fox will not be involved this season

ForFoxSake... 

26 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Indeed, Fox is a hard worker but a top end league 1 left back in my opinion. We simply need better to be a top 6 side. Pudil in that first 2 seasons is what we should be aiming to replicate again. 

15 minutes ago, This Is Our City said:

Been down at training ground this morning for young uns training session. Seen all three new lads and Rhodes.

Interesting Rhodes back lol Anyone else? Forestieri? Anyone not mentioned or didnt recognise? 

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

I am hard to please when it comes to Wednesday transfer rumours, but I’d be more than happy to take Onomah back. The kid has got talent, loads of it Yes it’s fair to say, we didn’t see too many signs of that talent last season, but he was hampered by injury. Like Joao, he lacks consistency, but they have potential to reach a level, some of our more limited players could only dream of. With regular game time, hopefully that consistency will come. Certainly I don’t buy into any of this “he’s not bothered, he just strolls around” business. In the early days of his career, similar things were said about Chris Waddle, mainly due to his gait, and laid back style. If Onomah can blossom into a fraction of the player Waddle was, we’ll all be happy. If the price is right, he’s worth a punt, in my opinion

Total joke comparing Waddle and Onomah . One was world class the other is being let go from the premier league. Onomah has shown very little here while Waddle is the best player I have seen in an Owls shirt.Judgements are made from what players do on the park and the facts are Onomah has done very little here.Bull him up all you want but what he has done here has been less than adequate. To compare him to Graham Hyde would be far overating him never mind Waddle.