Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

10 minutes ago, torryowl said:

very true ,you have to back the manager ….that's why I find it strange that so many say fox is useless and shouldn't be in the squad yet bruce kept picking him, it's like we know best and the manager hasn't got a clue which is probably not true .  

He didn't really have much choice though! 

Still think we might not see as a big a turnaround in the squad as some might like to see. The rumoured signings to an extent are replacing players who have already left. I still think the big shake-up will come next summer?

5 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Still think we might not see as a big a turnaround in the squad as some might like to see. The rumoured signings to an extent are replacing players who have already left. I still think the big shake-up will come next summer?

Think it will be half and half.

Can see Winnall and Rhodes leaving, maybe even Joao too to be replaced by a new striker.

We still need 2 more wide players and a central midfielder, unless Odubajo will be playing RM which I doubt he will.

Just don’t get how people can be so dismissive of Onomah. He’s a good age, good pedigree, Bruce could get the best out of him yet. Too many players are written off too soon in my view. Didn’t someone on here once say ‘send Gary hooper back’ after a handful of games?!

14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Also, in no way should we be wasting what little money we have on bringing Onomah back to the club.

Waste of space.

You know our budget? Can you let the rest of us in on the secret?.

Personally I think he'd be worth a sixth of the Van Aken / Rhodes madness. 

6 minutes ago, 109Waddle said:

Just don’t get how people can be so dismissive of Onomah. He’s a good age, good pedigree, Bruce could get the best out of him yet. Too many players are written off too soon in my view. Didn’t someone on here once say ‘send Gary hooper back’ after a handful of games?!

Was that the guy who ran his local takeaway in Norwich? 

:Sid:

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

You know our budget? Can you let the rest of us in on the secret?.

Personally I think he'd be worth a sixth of the Van Aken / Rhodes madness

It's not as massive pot. Think even Stevie Wonder can see we can't spend much or we'll be in violation of FFP.

We can't spend a big chunk of the little we've got on a waster like Onomah.

1 hour ago, Walt said:

If we were spending money on any of last years injury prone loan players then Lazar (sp?) would be the one I’d gamble on. You could see the lad had genuine ability, a bit of pace and a good work ethic. He’d make a cracking wingback at this level if he could ever stay fit.

I know you should not judge players by the amount of minutes Lazar played for us but he just seemed to instantly ooze class.

And a cracking left foot! Put far better corners/free kicks in than any other player! 

3 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I actually think if we get wingers, and for the first time in years I think we will now Bruce is recruiting, then Rhodes will be like a new signing, we all know he thrives in the box, he’s done it all his career, he was never goi g to be prolific playing in a system we played. 

I think bruce wants to keep him, Infact I actually think that might have been part of his reasoning on not taking a risk on keeping hooper. 

Yes it may be that with our financial situation changing we have decided to keep Rhodes and are looking to sign wingers like Harris and Aarons and maybe more.  I wouldn’t be against that 

4 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

I actually think if we get wingers, and for the first time in years I think we will now Bruce is recruiting, then Rhodes will be like a new signing, we all know he thrives in the box, he’s done it all his career, he was never goi g to be prolific playing in a system we played. 

I think bruce wants to keep him, Infact I actually think that might have been part of his reasoning on not taking a risk on keeping hooper. 

Using the same reasoning the monkey does every time he tries to get the orange out of the bottle.

6 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Using the same reasoning the monkey does every time he tries to get the orange out of the bottle.

I want to know how you got an orange into the bottle, was it a clemenTiny?

20 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Mmm I'm not so sure the wingers we have/are signing or prolific for their crossing though. My guess is they will be asked to cut In rather than cross!