Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox

Obviously he's a Newcastle fan, so may tempt him. He'd get zero backing from Ashley though. Rafa's done an amazing job there with little support from above. Doubt that would change for Bruce. He'd be outed soon as club are sold too. 

Newcastle should be aiming a lot higher than Bruce , Monk or any other championship manager 

neither anywhere near Benitez standard, and Bruce would be daft to go anywhere near while Mike Ashley is still there 

Think Bruce has more loyalty to be fair. We waited for him while he had his extended grieving period (quite rightly too) so he could get his head right and I believe we were the only club showing an interest in him at the time. 

The only way I can see Bruce at Newcastle is if we told him he can leave. I.E. A huge offer for his services is received, which knowing Ashley won't happen. 

Just now, Anthndav said:

Think Bruce has more loyalty to be fair. We waited for him while he had his extended grieving period (quite rightly too) so he could get his head right and I believe we were the only club showing an interest in him at the time. 

The only way I can see Bruce at Newcastle is if we told him he can leave. I.E. A huge offer for his services is received, which knowing Ashley won't happen. 

Bruce would go there in a flash. 

I doubt he'll get the chance though

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Newcastle should be aiming a lot higher than Bruce , Monk or any other championship manager 

neither anywhere near Benitez standard, and Bruce would be daft to go anywhere near while Mike Ashley is still there 

He would be, but being a Wallsend boy he will get a lot of leeway from the support, which Ashley may well not like and could cause him problems... fingers crossed he thinks the same

The only good thing is, if he were to go, we will only be stuck with one of his players, Iorfa. Not that I think Iorfa was a bad signing, I don’t, but if Bruce had completed the sort of overhaul we expect, and somebody else were to come in..........

I suppose that is why DC wanted initially to have a recruitment team, with the coach having input, but not solely responsible. 

Lets hope there’s nothing in this because, quite frankly, we can do without the upheaval

Just now, gurujuan said:

The only good thing is, if he were to go, we will only be stuck with one of his players, Iorfa. Not that I think Iorfa was a bad signing, I don’t, but if Bruce had completed the sort of overhaul we expect, and somebody else were to come in..........

I suppose that is why DC wanted initially to have a recruitment team, with the coach having input, but not solely responsible. 

Lets hope there’s nothing in this because, quite frankly, we can do without the upheaval

Surely, Newcastle would want a bigger name and pedigree than Steve Bruce. I’d be shocked if this happens.

35 minutes ago, Anthndav said:

Sadly,  there is no loyalty in football anymore , money talks.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

wouldn't we receive about 5m compensation if Bruce went to Newcastle.

Not going to pay that are they.

Have I missed something?

No disrespect intended as Bruce is the best manager we've had for a long time, but why would Newcastle be interested. Sure they'll look for a high profile appointment.