Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Just now, Minton said:

What makes them has-beens then? 

You need managers with fresh, innovative ideas. Mourinho's insipid stale football was found out long ago. The rest of your list is laughable. 

4 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

You need managers with fresh, innovative ideas. Mourinho's insipid stale football was found out long ago. The rest of your list is laughable. 

2nd place in 17/18 and a UEFA Cup win with their pretty abysmal side suggests otherwise.

Why are the others laughable? Any more laughable than Bruce being appointed by us? 

Edited by Minton

1 minute ago, Minton said:

2nd place in 17/18 and a UEFA Cup win with their pretty abysmal side suggests otherwise.

Why are the others laughable? Any more laughable than Bruce being appointed by us? 

Yet he was sacked. Moore, Rowett or Hughton the next Newcastle manager?.. lol.

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

Your selection of has-beens needs no solid argument or reasons. They're shìt. End of. 

Muppet

Mourinho - 2nd Place in the PL, UEFA cup win, multiple Champions League, league and domestic cup wins 

Blanc - Multiple domestic trebles, international experience

Moore - Almost kept up a terrible WBA side, got them into the top 6 of the Championship, young, fresh ideas

Rowett - Young(ish), made Birmingham a decent side, sacked due to a dodgy board change

Hughton - Kept Brighton in the PL for 2 year with a below par side, FA cup semi finals, knowledge of the club, would be popular with the fans

And all available with no compensation.

Who would you suggest?

2 minutes ago, Minton said:

Mourinho - 2nd Place in the PL, UEFA cup win, multiple Champions League, league and domestic cup wins 

Moore - Almost kept up a terrible WBA side, got them into the top 6 of the Championship, young, fresh ideas

Rowett - Young(ish), made Birmingham a decent side, sacked due to a dodgy board change

Hughton - Kept Brighton in the PL for 2 year with a below par side, FA cup semi finals, knowledge of the club, would be popular with the fans

Who would you suggest?

I wouldn't suggest anyone. I couldn't be less interested in who the next Newcastle manager is going to be.. All I do know is that it won't be any of the managers you've suggested.

• Haha 1

I wouldn't suggest anyone. I couldn't be less interested in who the next Newcastle manager is going to be.. All I do know is that it won't be any of the managers you've suggested.

interested enough to argue about has-beens though. If the Newcastle board share your judgement of what makes a has-been, it'll probably end up being one of the kids from the academy with his fresh new ideas :tango:

Just now, Minton said:

interested enough to argue about has-beens though. If the Newcastle board share your judgement of what makes a has-been, it'll probably end up being one of the kids from the academy with his fresh new ideas :tango:

Joey Barton. He has fresh new ideas. Perfect for the job then

lol

21 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Yet he was sacked. Moore, Rowett or Hughton the next Newcastle manager?.. lol.

There aren’t many managers who haven’t been sacked in their career, probably about 99.9% will have been - barring the likes of Ferguson and Wenger who pretty much walked. Not quite sure what your point is?! 

• Like 1

Steve Bruce yes. Big Ron the first time around. No. Ranieri, perhaps.

The first time round was the one where he was on the scrap heap.

Still, our biggest 2 appointments in the past 30 years have been old and past it. Even Dave Jones had a massive effect with his stale and out of date footy.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

Just now, Junk Smuggler said:

There aren’t many managers who haven’t been sacked in their career, probably about 99.9% will have been - barring the likes of Ferguson and Wenger who pretty much walked. Not quite sure what your point is?! 

My point is there's absolutely no chance any of the above managers will be the next Newcastle manager. Because. They're. Has-beens.

13 minutes ago, Minton said:

Who would you suggest?

Couple of points. 

Moore was coach of that terrible side for 3 years before he became manager of that terrible side. 

Rowett strikes me as a very odd chap and has achieved the square root of frig all as a manager.  

Re Blanc a domestic treble in France with PSG is a similar achievement to me fetching a paper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

I think St Mirren sacked Ferguson, but luckily other clubs didn’t view him as a has-been 

WTF:

• Haha 2

Just now, Hitcat said:

My point is there's absolutely no chance any of the above managers will be the next Newcastle manager. Because. They're. Has-beens.

According to you and... nope, just you. 

I'll stick a tenner to charity that 4 of those 5 will be in work in the next 12 months