Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not true, I’m positive about most things. If I think a potential signing is wrong for the club, I’m gonna say so

Have you been positive about any potential new signing?

I'm not having a dig, I just can't remember anyone you welcomed.

1 minute ago, jp1981 said:

That's Fair enough.

Geuine question. Who do you think we should sign. Within our budget. 

Hector, providing we can raise the money. He was the only player I was really excited about when we were linked with a loan for him, I thought he would be a great fit. He proved to be an excellent fit, and I’d love to see him back. Of the others we’ve been linked with, Id be happy with Odubajo, and despite his troubles last season, I’d like to bring Onomah back.

Further forward, this where we really need to be smart. We weren’t particularly fluent going forward last season, so we need to up our game. There is a rumour that Bruce wants to offload Forestieri, Joao and Rhodes, I’m unsure that this is the right decision, but that depends on who he is able to bring in. It will be difficult to replace Forestieri, for the money we might get, and How much would we have to pay to recruit someone with Joao’s attributes? In my opinion, if they leave, we need to bring in players with that X Factor, players who can change a game with pace and trickery. Possibly the best way will be, through the loan market, but those players won’t be cheap, even on loan. Players like Fletcher or Hugill are not the way forward, far too limited

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

Have you been positive about any potential new signing?

I'm not having a dig, I just can't remember anyone you welcomed.

As above, I was imploring us to bring Hector in on loan, we did, and he was excellent. I would say, I’m happy with quite a few of our signings. There’s a difference between criticising signings mooted on here, most of whom don’t end up anywhere near Hillsborough, and the players we actually bring to the club

31 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

Been away for the weekend. Anything happened since Friday. Page 247. Can’t be arsed scrolling. ? 

No, 

Also slightly uncomfortable with some posters rounding on guru, hes offering an opinion, it may differ from yours. Debate the points, dont just dissmiss everything as just negative. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

No, 

Also slightly uncomfortable with some posters rounding on guru, hes offering an opinion, it may differ from yours. Debate the points, dont just dissmiss everything as just negative. 

Agreed. If everyone held the same opinion , this site would be boring. I for one think Guru posts some good stuff . 

Guest domSWFC
43 minutes ago, Concrete Owl said:

Been away for the weekend. Anything happened since Friday. Page 247. Can’t be arsed scrolling. ? 

We've signed some young guy from the Belgian second division. Georgio Hirsterio, prolific striker, scored 3 full goals last season. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Hector, providing we can raise the money. He was the only player I was really excited about when we were linked with a loan for him, I thought he would be a great fit. He proved to be an excellent fit, and I’d love to see him back. Of the others we’ve been linked with, Id be happy with Odubajo, and despite his troubles last season, I’d like to bring Onomah back.

Further forward, this where we really need to be smart. We weren’t particularly fluent going forward last season, so we need to up our game. There is a rumour that Bruce wants to offload Forestieri, Joao and Rhodes, I’m unsure that this is the right decision, but that depends on who he is able to bring in. It will be difficult to replace Forestieri, for the money we might get, and How much would we have to pay to recruit someone with Joao’s attributes? In my opinion, if they leave, we need to bring in players with that X Factor, players who can change a game with pace and trickery. Possibly the best way will be, through the loan market, but those players won’t be cheap, even on loan. Players like Fletcher or Hugill are not the way forward, far too limited

Thanks. Not sure why you have been negged for having an opinion. After all isn't football all about opinions?

Personally I like Fletcher, he gives us that experience we need up front and his goal scoring last season helped us achieve what we did. Will we get 40 games out of him next season who know. Not that fussed about Hugill, although he wouldn't be a bad loan signing as long as we can bring in some pace on the wings and shift a few of the other forwards out. Regarding FF, Joao etc. I don't necessarily want them to leave, but there is no sentiment in football and SB believes in selling them and it allows him better use of the market then who am I to disagree?

I would like us to sign a couple of central Mid. One who plays further up the pitch and can beat a player, like Lee does, for when he isn't available and one to play in front of the back four (if we play 4 at the back). A player who can read the game and dictate the play when required, be that picking the right forward pass or slowing the play down if required. Someone a bit like Pirlo, obviously were not going to be able to afford the finished article but a player of his ilk. 

1 minute ago, domSWFC said:

We've signed some young guy from the Belgian second division. Georgio Hirsterio, prolific striker, scored 3 full goals last season. 

Been playing as a whinger this season I heard. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

No, 

Bang on, I might disagree with some of his opinions but they tend to be well substantiated. This thread wouldn't half be boring without something of a devil's advocate.

57 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Thanks. Not sure why you have been negged for having an opinion. After all isn't football all about opinions?

Personally I like Fletcher, he gives us that experience we need up front and his goal scoring last season helped us achieve what we did. Will we get 40 games out of him next season who know. Not that fussed about Hugill, although he wouldn't be a bad loan signing as long as we can bring in some pace on the wings and shift a few of the other forwards out. Regarding FF, Joao etc. I don't necessarily want them to leave, but there is no sentiment in football and SB believes in selling them and it allows him better use of the market then who am I to disagree?

I would like us to sign a couple of central Mid. One who plays further up the pitch and can beat a player, like Lee does, for when he isn't available and one to play in front of the back four (if we play 4 at the back). A player who can read the game and dictate the play when required, be that picking the right forward pass or slowing the play down if required. Someone a bit like Pirlo, obviously were not going to be able to afford the finished article but a player of his ilk. 

Someone who can provide say, 11 assists and chip in with 5 goals from midfield.

Think we have someone like that already...

Image result for barry bannan

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

Mo Diame has signed for Al Gharafa in Qatar.

£100k pw :tango:

Was always gonna chase the money him