Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, Minton said:

Barklay is a VERY different player to a Pirlo type. 

Sorry didn't realise you were comparing Bannan to Pirlo, although I can see were you are coming from. I was on about a midfielder who can beat 2 or 3 players and get into the box a bit like Gazza used to do.

1 minute ago, Minton said:

According to you and... nope, just you. 

I'll stick a tenner to charity that 4 of those 5 will be in work in the next 12 months

To be fair I think that's his point - all of these will be in work despite them being has beens.

Only thing wrong with that logic is that none of those managers are has beens lol

• Haha 1

Just now, jp1981 said:

Sorry didn't realise you were comparing Bannan to Pirlo, although I can see were you are coming from. I was on about a midfielder who can beat 2 or 3 players and get into the box a bit like Gazza used to do.

Ah, fair enough. We could probably play Forestieri in that kind of role, though he might be a little too lightweight

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

The first time round was the one where he was on the scrap heap.

Still, our biggest 2 appointments in the past 30 years have been old and past it. Even Dave Jones had a massive effect with his stale and out of date footy.

He really wasn't on the scrap heap. He left West Brom in a great position and was sacked at Atlētico due to a personality clash. What he bought back with him was innovative free kick routines and new ideas.

Just now, Hitcat said:

He really wasn't on the scrap heap. He left West Brom in a great position and was sacked at Atlētico due to a personality clash. What he bought back with him was innovative free kick routines and new ideas.

He was sacked at Man Utd before that though.

So he was a has been.

He'd failed and joined the managerial merry-go-round.....

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

According to you and... nope, just you. 

I'll stick a tenner to charity that 4 of those 5 will be in work in the next 12 months

Of course they will. I'm not arguing against that. But, I bet they'll be out of work again not long after. The merry-go-round of shìte spins forever onwards.

7 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

My point is there's absolutely no chance any of the above managers will be the next Newcastle manager. Because. They're. Has-beens.

Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Sounds like any manager who’s had more than one job is a has-been. Very peculiar!!

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He was sacked at Man Utd before that though.

So he was a has been.

He'd failed and joined the managerial merry-go-round.....

You're the only one associating the sack with being a has-been. 

Just now, Hitcat said:

Not said that at all.

No, what you've said is precisely fizz all as to what makes them a has-been, so people are having to draw their own conclusions as to what madness behind the eyes led you to those conclusions

• Haha 2

Just now, Minton said:

No, what you've said is precisely fizz all as to what makes them a has-been, so people are having to draw their own conclusions as to what madness behind the eyes led you to those conclusions

Informal

a person or thing that is no longer popular, successful, effective, etc

Rowett, Moore and Hughton have never been successful or effective. Mourinho has been found out. Blanc spent his way to success.

1 minute ago, Hitcat said:

Informal

a person or thing that is no longer popular, successful, effective, etc

Rowett, Moore and Hughton have never been successful or effective. Mourinho has been found out. Blanc spent his way to success.

Guardiola spent his way to success too. Is he a has been?

Your logic regarding has beens is really bizarre. It really is.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Guardiola spent his way to success too. Is he a has been?

Your logic regarding has beens is really bizarre. It really is.

What a strange thing to say. Guardiola has revolutionised modern football. Blanc.... Has not. Stop clutching at straws.

3 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

What a strange thing to say. Guardiola has revolutionised modern football. Blanc.... Has not. Stop clutching at straws.

But he spent loads of money and that's a major factor behind his success.

So he must be a has been? That was what you said or are you backtracking again