Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Fletcher was crucial in our end of season form, he contributed massively.

That tells me we will be playing with that physical central striker with legs and mobility around him, it works.

Hugill would be a like for like with Fletcher, I can see why we would do this or similar.

Winnall, Joao, Rhodes, Hooper and Forestieri need a foil, Nuhiu isn't mobile enough.

We have seen Hooper leave, Rhodes moving on will hopefully happen soon, can see Winnall and Joao following them out of the door.

7 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Fletcher was crucial in our end of season form, he contributed massively.

That tells me we will be playing with that physical central striker with legs and mobility around him, it works.

Hugill would be a like for like with Fletcher, I can see why we would do this or similar.

Winnall, Joao, Rhodes, Hooper and Forestieri need a foil, Nuhiu isn't mobile enough.

We have seen Hooper leave, Rhodes moving on will hopefully happen soon, can see Winnall and Joao following them out of the door.

As an attacking unit we were pretty dire, and certainly not entertaining Personally, I hope Fletcher, or any clone, is nowhere near the starting eleven next season

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

As an attacking unit we were pretty dire, and certainly not entertaining Personally, I hope Fletcher, or any clone, is nowhere near the starting eleven next season

Reports so far seem to suggest the only strikers he is keen on so far are Fletcher, Hugill and Nuhiu. So best of luck with that wish.

lol

• Haha 1

Guest gizowl
2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Reports so far seem to suggest the only strikers he is keen on so far are Fletcher, Hugill and Nuhiu. So best of luck with that wish.

lol

Nuhiu is the one to give us the pace and mobility. :tongue:

If Mr Bruce is interested in Hugill then ok. I remember when we bought Lee Chapman who had been ok at Stoke but failed miserably at Arsenal and Sunderland. Wilko saw someone who he could depend on and would fit in with his style of play. He then brought in Brian Marwood to supply the ammo and the result was reasonably  successful. My point is don't go on past reputations but put your faith in the man at the helm, he seems to know how to manage a club.

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

lol

Rest assured, I’ll soon let him know how I feel about that

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Rest assured, I’ll soon let him know how I feel about that

If we do go with Fletcher and Hugill as our two main strikers this season then as long as we get the right support around them then it shouldn't be to much of an issue.

The more you been saying Fletcher needs replacing the more vital he has been for us. Hoping Hugill (if signs) continues in the same vein.

:Sid:

36 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Fletcher who was totally reliable and had some excellent games at the end of last season. Think your prejudice against certain players blinds you from reality at times.

1 minute ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Fletcher who was totally reliable and had some excellent games at the end of last season. Think your prejudice against certain players blinds you from reality at times.

As I said, it depends what you want If you want someone who will battle with your opponents centre backs, and very little else, then Fletcher’s your man If we are serious about promotion, then he’s far too limited to spearhead our attack

• Haha 1

Hopefully Bruce spends the summer getting the centre halves to rough up João in training every session & save us a lot of cash. Lucas João has the build, pace & skill to be an immense striker in this division, he just needs to toughen up & switch on.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

As I said, it depends what you want If you want someone who will battle with your opponents centre backs, and very little else, then Fletcher’s your man If we are serious about promotion, then he’s far too limited to spearhead our attack

What we need is pace to play off Fletcher. He has a good footballing brain and more than enough ability at this level. If Jao had his application he would be a 10 milluon pound player. I agree we need pace but Fletcher is an ideal foil for pacey players around him.

9 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

What we need is pace to play off Fletcher. He has a good footballing brain and more than enough ability at this level. If Jao had his application he would be a 10 milluon pound player. I agree we need pace but Fletcher is an ideal foil for pacey players around him.

That is actually the only way we could make Fletcher effective, by pairing him with someone like Gayle However, that means switching to a system where we play two up. We couldn’t play 4-4-2 with our existing midfield options, so we’d have to completely overhaul our midfield, plus find a striker similar to Gayle.

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

That is actually the only way we could make Fletcher effective, by pairing him with someone like Gayle However, that means switching to a system where we play two up. We couldn’t play 4-4-2 with our existing midfield options, so we’d have to completely overhaul our midfield, plus find a striker similar to Gayle.

I'd go 4-3-3 with two quickies playing off Fletch.