Hutchinson

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

So? We’d have a better player for 3 games to help us get much needed points. Don’t understand this to be honest, jos is already changing the line up and formation every game, so the worry about a good player getting injured in 3-4 games is weird to me 

He's been nothing but s***e when he has played this season and we might as well forget about him anyway he's a part of the abandoned crew now.

Edited by s6 owl

The thing is if we were winning games then we couldn't criticise Jos.

But we're not. 

No one is saying the frozen out players are Messi level saviours but they're certainly viable options. 

The whole thing is a f'in disgrace. 

We've had some bad managers in the past but Jos is by far the worst. At least Irvine and Turner played reasonable squads and could articulate themselves. 

Before anyone says it of course the articulation bit is down to the language barrier but at the same time this cant keep getting him out of the challenging questions every single week. Get a translator in if necessary!

I still maintain our squad right now is better than anything we had 2000 to early 2015. And this crap is what we get served up with.

1 hour ago, pj owl said:

He has always had injury issues. He has always been erm hot headed - but it wasn’t that long ago he was one of the first names on the team sheet.

I for one don’t buy the bullshit that he is finished. 

He won’t play 40+ games a season but if he can contribute positively in the games he can play surely we should use all of our resources to get out of this mess.

Exactly bud, he's unless we find a buyer here next season, so needs utilising in some capacity if fit whether at rb, cb, dm or at worst on the bench, as he provides valuable leadership, aggression and experience coupled with his versatility. 

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, sadly not enough on a consistent basis. Plenty of effort but not good enough to compete at this level. No protection at all for a fragile defence.

I think he does give some protection to be fair. But generally speaking we have been soft and open as a team with spaces on the flanks which hasn’t been Pelupessys domain. First goal today a prime example. 

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Also a proper man manager can deal with characters like Hutch and get the best value out of them for the club.

It is not brave or good management to just leave them outside of the squad. It is weak and poor and you end up with what we have now, a team lacking in character and bottle.

Top post. The comparison between the current head coach and the way that Danny Wilson handled Paolo Di Canio is clear to see. And we all know how that ended.

Genuine question. When was the last time Sam Hutchinson played well for Sheffield Wednesday?

My own personal opinion is that it was away at Leeds last season. Prior to that I'm struggling and certainly cannot remember the last time he put a couple of decent performances together.

• Thanks 1

Something has clearly happened because when Sam came back from injury last season against Leeds, I remember Jos saying that "he is a player who, when fit, will always play". Well according to Jos he is fit.

He had a bad half against Brentford, was taken off at half time and was then on the subs bench for the next few games before getting injured again and then completely disappearing from the scene. 

Find it completely bizarre how he can not even be on the bench. If Pelupessy gets injured, what then? Does he bring on Thorniley and push Hector up? People are saying he's not good enough anymore - well the 11 that are playing week in week out are obviously not the answer either. Pelupessy has a rotten game - he's not dropped. 

Two seasons ago he was many people's player of the season and everyone was thrilled he signed a new contract. 

Golden rule in footy.....you play your best 11, if they are not available you have to change it, otherwise stick with it.

Our side is chopped and changed like its preseason fitness training games.

What are we (Jos & Chansiri) foo.king about at with team selections.

About time they come clean with the fans or both cleared the fizz off.

11 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Completely baffling to think that Jos thinks Joey is a better defensive midfielder than Hutchinson. It’s one of the most important positions on the pitch and we have a limited, basic footballer playing there. I don’t doubt he has a good attitude etc but he’s a league 1 player. 

Yep, hence the pressure on the defence and influx of goals.

12 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Sat in the directors box today with his little lad watching the match 

Criminal he isn’t in that side. 

This has hot to be Jos's biggest mistake this year, not giving Hutchinson more game time when fit,

Teams have bullied us into submission time after time, which wouldn't have happened with him in the side.

Just my opinion