Hutchinson

He’s clearly at odds with the manager and should be involved in the squad if he is fit, which in some cases he isn’t!

But I think the comparisons with JP are unfair. Pelupessy is a really selfless player who puts a foot in and moves it on, barely notice at times. Hutchinson is all action and tries to influence the game more, but by the same token he is rash and either hurts himself or gets himself cautioned which affects the wider team. He’s a double edged sword of a player whereas you know what Pelupessy will do each game.

Hutch has always played here on the understanding he will probably miss half a seasons worth of football for us through injury and suspension, but that when he does play he’s usually among the best on the field. He was a massive part of a side that reached the play-offs twice on that same understanding.

Strange that people have decided to get all pissy about that and decide we don’t need half a season of his time or talents as we sleepwalk towards relegation.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

Hutch has always played here on the understanding he will probably miss half a seasons worth of football for us through injury and suspension, but that when he does play he’s usually among the best on the field. He was a massive part of a side that reached the play-offs twice on that same understanding.

Strange that people have decided to get all pissy about that and decide we don’t need half a season of his time or talents as we sleepwalk towards relegation.

Absolutely Dave - but Joey is more 'reliable' so it's alreyt...

8 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

He’s clearly at odds with the manager and should be involved in the squad if he is fit, which in some cases he isn’t!

But I think the comparisons with JP are unfair. Pelupessy is a really selfless player who puts a foot in and moves it on, barely notice at times. Hutchinson is all action and tries to influence the game more, but by the same token he is rash and either hurts himself or gets himself cautioned which affects the wider team. He’s a double edged sword of a player whereas you know what Pelupessy will do each game.

The problem is when the game hots up the second half and we come under the cosh Joey disappears.

He often has a reasonable first half but then you forget he is on the pitch.

Also a proper man manager can deal with characters like Hutch and get the best value out of them for the club.

It is not brave or good management to just leave them outside of the squad. It is weak and poor and you end up with what we have now, a team lacking in character and bottle.

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Sat in the directors box today with his little lad watching the match 

Criminal he isn’t in that side. 

Strange he would be doing that if he's not happy with the club. Strange they would invite him

Thing is, if it was one player, you’d probably side with the manager. 

But it’s not. It’s Abdi, Jones, Westwood, Boyd, Hutchinson. And others at various times during the season. It’s an absolute disgrace and has been since this prat walked through the door. 

Just get the best out of your resources. Anyone still defending Jos after all this time needs milking. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Exactly

heard rumours he’s been banned etc? If he was at odds with the club - whys he come to watch? 

Strange scenario

Just seems an obvious question to ask. If I was having grief at work it would be the last place i would want to be especially with my kid

25 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Pelupessy is $-it

4 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

when I played the overriding idea was to pick your strongest side , we don't and then wonder why we are not at the races

Radical ideas like that will never catch on at Hillsbro Trev. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Yep, sadly not enough on a consistent basis. Plenty of effort but not good enough to compete at this level. No protection at all for a fragile defence.