Hutchinson

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

When was the last time he had a run in the side? It's easy to point to his injury record in that respect but FF's is just as bad without missing games due to being cast aside.

We certainly aren't playing well without him and are a soft touch in terms of conceding easy goals. Our squad is being woefully mismanaged.

At the start of this season and he was abysmal.

7 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

I wonder if Jos won’t play Hutch because he can’t train as often or at the same intensity as others?

i recall Hutch saying that Carlos let him manage his knee problems and when he could and could not train.

could be. Jos seems to like to play players who've put in a full training stint

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

At the start of this season and he was abysmal.

How many times did he play? We were all abysmal defensively at Wigan. Against Brentford he made a foolish error that cost us a goal but other than that we were competitive in that first half. He got the hook at half-time and we could easily have shipped 6 in the 2nd half. 

At least we have tightened up defensively without him in the team........

9 minutes ago, fife_owl said:

I wonder if Jos won’t play Hutch because he can’t train as often or at the same intensity as others?

i recall Hutch saying that Carlos let him manage his knee problems and when he could and could not train.

A terrible approach to management.

So when Bannan and Forestieri can’t train much either during the week - but are fit for matchdays, will they get exiled too?

If what we are seeing on Saturdays are the result of a settled team during the week’s training, then we are really doomed with this guy 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

How many times did he play? We were all abysmal defensively at Wigan. Against Brentford he made a foolish error that cost us a goal but other than that we were competitive in that first half. He got the hook at half-time and we could easily have shipped 6 in the 2nd half. 

At least we have tightened up defensively without him in the team........

Well him dropping out did coincide with our best run of this season so far. The simple facts are under Jos he hasn't performed, neither have Jones or Boyd hence they've dropped out. Add to that his fitness record and his disciplinary record I can 100% understand why he isn't playing.

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Well him dropping out did coincide with our best run of this season so far. The simple facts are under Jos he hasn't performed, neither have Jones or Boyd hence they've dropped out. Add to that his fitness record and his disciplinary record I can 100% understand why he isn't playing.

You can 100% understand why a player who has performed well for us under previous managers is not even being considered for selection when we have a bunch of kids on the bench who clearly aren't ready for Championship football and we are sleepwalking towards the relegation zone?

He has played 3 times this season, if not performing in those 3 games makes it fully understandable that he is completely out of contention what does that say about Pelupessy and the other under performers in the past 6 games. How many times has Pelupessy played well for the current manager?

The simple facts are we have the worst defensive record in the division, not helped by a defence that gets no protection from midfield. We have a bunch of players that have been cast aside while regularly having a substitutes bench that includes 2 or 3 players that are nowhere near the required level.  

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You can 100% understand why a player who has performed well for us under previous managers is not even being considered for selection when we have a bunch of kids on the bench who clearly aren't ready for Championship football and we are sleepwalking towards the relegation zone?

He has played 3 times this season, if not performing in those 3 games makes it fully understandable that he is completely out of contention what does that say about Pelupessy and the other under performers in the past 6 games. How many times has Pelupessy played well for the current manager?

The simple facts are we have the worst defensive record in the division, not helped by a defence that gets no protection from midfield. We have a bunch of players that have been cast aside while regularly having a substitutes bench that includes 2 or 3 players that are nowhere near the required level.  

Pelupessy does a decent job, as for the young players I accept that a lot of them probably aren't of the level needed at the moment but it's part of a long term vision for the future of the club. The likes of Hutchinson, Boyd, Jones, Abdi and Westwood are all 29+ and out of contract at the end of the season.  In my opinion they aren't going to be part of the future hence why they aren't involved. As for Hutchinson, it's irrelevant what he's done under previous management, when Carlos was sacked most people said they wanted a manager who would not pick players based on reputation and that is what we have to an extent. Jos can only judge on what he sees and on what he's seen is an unfit, ill disciplined player who's best performances were over 18 months ago. The December 2016 version of Sam Hutchinson would walk into this side and probably have the captains armband, the current version needs to be moved on.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Behave, Hutchinson had a couple of nightmares at the beggining of the season, it’s a good job our previous managers and all football managers in general don’t judge ability like some of our fans. 

When was his last good run of form? When did we see the types of performances we need from a player in that position?

FFS!.

Haven't you listened since the Summer?.

Jos has stated many times that he wants to build a squad of young, physically fit, players, FOR THE FUTURE not the present.

Where do Westwood, Hutchinson, Hooper, Lee come into that PLAN.

ALL are injury prone and not capable of putting a run of games together between them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Pelupessy does a decent job, as for the young players I accept that a lot of them probably aren't of the level needed at the moment but it's part of a long term vision for the future of the club. The likes of Hutchinson, Boyd, Jones, Abdi and Westwood are all 29+ and out of contract at the end of the season.  In my opinion they aren't going to be part of the future hence why they aren't involved. As for Hutchinson, it's irrelevant what he's done under previous management, when Carlos was sacked most people said they wanted a manager who would not pick players based on reputation and that is what we have to an extent. Jos can only judge on what he sees and on what he's seen is an unfit, ill disciplined player who's best performances were over 18 months ago. The December 2016 version of Sam Hutchinson would walk into this side and probably have the captains armband, the current version needs to be moved on.

Every club in the land have a bunch of players that are going to be out of contract the following summer - I can't think of many clubs that discard so many players completely a year early yet keep paying them. 

As for the long-term future of the club, the initial approach of introducing 1 or 2 youngsters gradually was to be applauded, Thorniley clearly made the grade in that respect. Now it has gone too far, some of the youngsters like O'Grady and Kirby might be better served playing lower down the leagues on loan like Thorniley did rather than just sitting on the bench and offering nothing to us.

The way things are going the long-term future is bleak. 

If Pelupessy is doing a decent job then who isn't in your opinion? We do have the worst defensive record in the league afterall. 

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

FFS!.

Jos has stated many times that he wants to build a squad of young, physically fit, players, FOR THE FUTURE not the present.

ALL are injury prone and not capable of putting a run of games together between them.

The future will be in League One at this rate. Open your eyes, the approach is not working.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

His last decent run of form was last season. Pretty much like the entire squad tbh. 

Even the best players have poor spells, some of them get dropped , but I have never seen a club drop good or even average players out of the squad completely for a bad run of form. 

Like I said it’s a good job Sheridan and even hirst chris brunt. Antonio etc didn’t get the same treatment. 

I could give you a list that would take about 500 pages of good players from all eras who went through a bad spell.

do you honestly, hand on heart think after 3 bad games he never deserves to get another chance again?????

add to that Westwood not playing well in training never deserving to get another chance again?

probably well we’ll before your time but there was a keeper named Neville Southall at Everton who was notorious for being the worst trainer in football during his era, he was Infact one of the best keepers I have ever watched.  

It's not three bad games though, that is my point. I don't think Sam Hutchinson has played consistently well for Sheffield Wednesday since the 2nd half of Carlos' 2nd season. I take your point about good players having bad spells but I think this is just a player not being able to reach the heights of before.

5 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

FFS!.

Oh aye yeah - and that’s working wonders int it? 

How many points in last six? 

We are in dire need of some experience - it’s NOT WORKING. 

Bite the bullet and swallow your pride and bring some of the older heads back in - the future will be League One at this rate.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Every club in the land have a bunch of players that are going to be out of contract the following summer - I can't think of many clubs that discard so many players completely a year early yet keep paying them. 

As for the long-term future of the club, the initial approach of introducing 1 or 2 youngsters gradually was to be applauded, Thorniley clearly made the grade in that respect. Now it has gone too far, some of the youngsters like O'Grady and Kirby might be better served playing lower down the leagues on loan like Thorniley did rather than just sitting on the bench and offering nothing to us.

The way things are going the long-term future is bleak. 

If Pelupessy is doing a decent job then who isn't in your opinion? We do have the worst defensive record in the league afterall. 

Tom Lees has been awful this season. The whole defensive structure is poor and we give away too many soft goals. Yesterday Hector (who I'm a big fan of) was way off it and cost us. Morgan Fox sadly is not good enough. Ash Baker is ok but clearly lacks experience. Thorniley should have played. I'm not saying I'm happy with what's going on, I just think Sam Hutchinson wouldn't make any difference.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Even at quarter of his previous form he is twice the player of any of our other defensive midfielders, he’s also a leader.

i was at Brentford and trust me that’s the worst I have ever seen him,  it you can’t just throw lazy statements about, when he played last season your making him out to have been horrific and that’s just testicles. 

It's not a lazy statement. I've said this on here a few times that he wasn't good last season bar the odd game here and there. I expect better from a leader. Same with Tom Lees this season, his form hasn't been good enough.

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

Tell you what, I’m glad you used Tom lees as a example here, yes your right he has been terrible, and tbf pretty much terrible unless he played at the side of loovens. 

Now he is a player who genuinely hasn’t been the same for at least a season and half. He has performed I. General for a long period badly. Yet he’s still in the team, squad every game. 

If we are going on form he is much more deserving to be sat out than Westwood or hutch. But then imo I know the reason he isn’t and it’s got fizz fizz all to do with form and much more likely to be something else. 

In fairness Jos did drop Lees and he got back in due to Daniel Pudil getting injured.

With Westwood I personally feel that is down to a fallout between him and Jos in the summer.

7 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

It's not a lazy statement. I've said this on here a few times that he wasn't good last season bar the odd game here and there. I expect better from a leader. Same with Tom Lees this season, his form hasn't been good enough.

So would you expect Lees to be cast aside and not considered for selection at all now then?

It is just bizarre that we have a bunch of players that are fit but won't be considered for the squad never mind the team when we have among the worst stats in the division and are nose diving towards the relegation zone.

If so many players like Hutchinson, Boyd, Westwood etc. are fit but are continually not showing the right attitude as is being suggested then the manager has to take responsibility for not being able to adequately manage the resources he has available - these players don't have a history of questionable attitudes at our club or their previous clubs to this extent. 

Edited by Guest

I didn’t go to Brentford but against Wigan and Villarreal in the friendly he played Hutch in an advanced midfield position. The same position he is now playing Reach in and also has played Penney in it recently.

For a start it is a nonsense position, but even more so to play Hutch there. It shows how poor Jos is at understanding players strengths.

If he was asked to play the same position at Brentford I am not surprised they fell out.

Also this training every day to get picked is a load of horsesh*t. 

He was happy to pick Hutch earlier in the season when I am sure he was no more or less fit than he is now. 

Just now, oldishowl said:

I didn’t go to Brentford but against Wigan and Villarreal in the friendly he played Hutch in an advanced midfield position. The same position he is now playing Reach in and also has played Penney in it recently.

For a start it is a nonsense position, but even more so to play Hutch there. It shows how poor Jos is at understanding players strengths.

If he was asked to play the same position at Brentford I am not surprised they fell out.

Also this training every day to get picked is a load of horsesh*t. 

He was happy to pick Hutch earlier in the season when I am sure he was no more or less fit than he is now. 

He played cb at Brentford, gave away a stupid penalty in a nothing situation, and was yanked at half time.

Wouldn't surprise me if Jos got sick of him being a liability.