The Westwood situation just gets stranger

5 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

He clarified he wasn't injured, which is what I'd also do if I knew I needed a new club.

Didn’t he say that he missed training though? Was that just for a laugh or because he was in fact injured?

If we’re selling him I’m not bothered if they sit holding hands whilst watching Pointless (ironically) or if they don’t speak at all. In fact it would be better to concentrate on the two who will stay. Doesn’t matter if we did the same with Rhodes as we got the desired outcome. If he’s staying then obviously it’s a very interesting approach to man management he’s got there.

Is it a similar or same situation with Hooper? It didn't look a serious injury when he went off at Forest, someone mentioned on here that it was a contractual issue last season, he was laughed at but maybe there's something in it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

JL may have been told that Rhodes and Westwood are definitely moving on therefore he’s not wasting his time even considering them for the first 11.

Not sure I agree however could explain JL’s actions.

He will have been given his orders.

My guess is that the club had a meeting with the player and his agent and made him aware that he is open to find a club due to us having 3 keepers and he is the most saleable asset. If he can't find a club he goes back in the rotation. If he does then we get a fee and start the season with Wildsmith and Dawson. Probably happens a lot and they would not make it public. No big deal, he might be part of a chain of transfers waiting to happen, maybe he replaces Butland at Stoke if a deal for Butland gets done? No need to panic and no need to slag off Jos. I love Westwood, but him moving on makes too much sense for it not to happen. Just depends if any clubs have a need for a keeper.

Boy. If ever a team needed a win it’s now. Both club and supporters are in dire need of something positive happening.

Somehow got a feeling that things are going to get a whole lot worse this week before a balls kicked on Saturday

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Before we nail the manager to the wall.

Perhaps he hasnt seen Westwood  because he has been out (Rightly- if he's deemed surplus or we can't afford to keep him) talking to other clubs.

This. 

It's just as likely he didn't speak to Westwood because Westwood was unavailable or because he knows Westwood won't be around as he didn't speak to Westwood because he's thoughtless or unkind. We don't know.  But hey it's Owlstalk.  Not knowing the facts shouldn't stop anyone. :biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Didn’t he say that he missed training though? Was that just for a laugh or because he was in fact injured?

He did. And that was why Jos said he missed the friendly, KW missed training and he had to protect him. Presumably his record of allowing players to fully recover before they are involved was at work here, along with the need to keep him safe for sale! 

Missed one session, but was 100% fit apparently. I reckon the "fit" thing in just a difference of definition.