The Westwood situation just gets stranger

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

Shambles of a situation. If Jos has decided that the young lads are better keepers than Westwood he should be locked up. Westwood is a leader, should be our number one. 

FFP has decided that our young keepers are the better option for now and Jos has been told/left to manage the situation.

1 minute ago, owlmanc said:

I saw enough of Wildsmith last year to know he’s not good enough. He was a shambles at Bolton. 

Dawson is the man with the Shirt right now. Dawson and Wildsmith will only get better Westwood will only get worse.

Guest Hillsborough Mole
2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

They won't - he's basically finished at the club.

It just leaves the club to eek out whatever transfer they can for him, loan him out or just leave him to rot like McGugan.

JL has made his preferences perfectly clear now.

Ahhhh. Like they did with George Hirst.

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Shambles of a situation. If Jos has decided that the young lads are better keepers than Westwood he should be locked up. Westwood is a leader, should be our number one. 

Im not sure Jos has any say in the matter whatsoever

Bleedin’ hell this place is flounce central at the moment. 

To me it it is pretty simple what is going on. The club is at the very least listening to offers for Westwood, and while the transfer window is open a decision has clearly been made that Westwood won’t be in the squad whilst this is going on, this may have been Jos’ decision, the chairman or all parties involved and this is understandable. 

When Westwood missed the training session due to a knock and Jos was grilled about his omission from the pre-season friendly and Jos brought up he fact he missed the training session which is why he missed the game, a convenient excuse. Westwood then chose to clarify that he only missed one session and he was now fine, his reputation of picking up injuries may stop him getting a move so this was understandable and Jos later agreed that he was fine. 

Re: before the Wigan game

Now the decision had been made re:Westwood Jos’ job is to then concentrate on the game and the squad he has picked, he had no need to speak with him about a game he wasn’t going to play in. 

If the transfer window shuts and Westwood is still in exile then that’s the point to be concerned. As at the moment it looks to me like a manager who is working with who is immediately available to him and a player and club who are looking for deals to move the player on at the right price. 

• Thanks 2

Westwood should play every game until sold.

1) It would likely increase his value

2) We get use of a better quality of goalkeeper

3) Moves breakdown all the time how can we guarantee we find a buyer and that will agree a fee and agree to KW wage demands not 100% straight forward.

4) As a manager you pick your best team KW should be first name on the teamsheet.

Ridiculous situation, feel for the player in all this....As a club we’ve got form for freezing players out. Shambles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

I do.

3 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

Dawson is the man with the Shirt right now. Dawson and Wildsmith will only get better Westwood will only get worse.

:luhukay:

8 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

What is so strange. It's clear Jos prefers Dawson and Wildsmith to Westwood. I have to say that before he was injured last season I thought Westwood was average and he cost us some points with thoughtless play. I don't think he is anywhere near the best goalkeeper in the Championship any more. Not playing him is a good move if he is, as I suspect, past his best, as this will not harm his reputation or de-value his transfer fee so much.

Totally agree, the adoration for Westwood in past years is justfied but not his last spell in the side. Agility has gone and never did learn how to kick. Possibly now prone to niggles post-injury. Added to his age and contract we'd be better buying a defender with his sale.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

How do you know? He hasn't played for months. The manager and the goalkeeping coach seem to disagree with your opinion.

Riggggght so it’s form now not injury... if you think this is just down to ability you are well off the mark. 

19 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

We all know it's a bit dodgy.

We all know we are currently being run a bit like a Sunday pub team.

We all know Jos is a probably a bit of a puppet manager who does as he's told, however bizarre the request.

Just a wild guess but my thoughts are that Keiren has told the chairman what he thinks of him and has been frozen out of playing like others before him 

We need to play our best players and the man management around these is appalling - he is IMO our best keeper 

6 minutes ago, Box_Man said:

Westwood should play every game until sold.

1) It would likely increase his value

2) We get use of a better quality of goalkeeper

3) Moves breakdown all the time how can we guarantee we find a buyer and that will agree a fee and agree to KW wage demands not 100% straight forward.

4) As a manager you pick your best team KW should be first name on the teamsheet.

Ridiculous situation, feel for the player in all this....As a club we’ve got form for freezing players out. Shambles.

Exactly this. Boro have sold a couple of players in the last couple of days and i believe they played at the weekend for them

10 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Ahhhh. Like they did with George Hirst.

Im not sure Jos has any say in the matter whatsoever

Id wager he doesnt.

If we had someone high profile like say bruce in charge my guess is that he would,ve walked by now 

Edited by TaxiMark