The Westwood situation just gets stranger

I think JL comments say more about modern management than his people skills. He is a head coach not a manager. Its not a Big Ron everything goes through me sort of role. His comments sound like he is told KW is not for selection (as we need the dosh) so he works with what he has. 

I don't see it as him ignoring Westwood as he is no longer first choice. JL and KW will both know the situation the club is in and both will be working towards the future which sadly looks like a Wednesday team without Westwood.  

We are weaker without him in the short term. 

11 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Ahhhh. Like they did with George Hirst.

Im not sure Jos has any say in the matter whatsoever

I was told David Hirst worked for doyen has this been stated before or have I been misinformed ?

6 minutes ago, stevenbrookseyowl said:

Just a wild guess but my thoughts are that Keiren has told the chairman what he thinks of him and has been frozen out of playing like others before him 

You wanna be careful throwing those accusations about fella,because before you know it,that'll be,as if by magic the reason he's left/leaving,chinese whispers and all that :biggrin:

Edited by DELUDED OWL

6 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Doesnt suprise me, a certain player we had on loan told me Carlos ignored him whilst he was here and he never knew why.

Wrong way to run a football club this.

Its a total joke .

Always suspected this.................if so WHY were the players brought here at great expense in the first f****** place !!

A lesson in how to go the wrong way about making the right decision. Dawson and Wildsmith are the future and the club needs to reduce its losses or suffer the consequences.

Assuming that Westwood is training at the club and not seeking out a new one somewhere,it smacks of moral cowardice not to speak to him about it. This kind of behaviour is in danger of unsettling a squad that’s already getting a lot of flack for the failings of those supposedly running the club.

54 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Can we go back to the 15/16 season please? I miss that period so much. It feels decades ago now. 

No, because we had a clueless clown in charge, remember?

But not as clueless as most of the posters on here, I'd say.  

I personally miss the 16-17 season.  Finishing 4th and doing the double over Newcastle.  That also feels like decades ago.  

Seen as though there won’t be any Radio Sheffield press conferences prior to a match, we won’t find anything out and those awkward questions will never be asked. 

Sheffield Wednesday are slowly becoming the North Korea of the Football League with their state owned media and propaganda.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

Riggggght so it’s form now not injury... if you think this is just down to ability you are well off the mark. 

Many saying he's not injured including himself so I've read. I don't know for sure it's just an opinion. I'm sorry if it differs from your opinion, buts that's the nature of discussion. :biggrin:

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

Not the first time I’ve heard of Jos doing this. He didn’t speak to Jordan Rhodes much either, if atall. 

Does seem like the ones they want to move on quickly are being frozen out. 

From a squad morale perspective you would have thought jos would keep him and every player part of the team, does not send a positive message to the players maybe some one should explain to Jos what that WAWAW means on the shirts!

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

There has got to be a deal in place for someone else to sign him, if not we are devaluing him by the week.  If this is not the reason he's obviously been caught in bed with Luhukays nannan.

Any photos of this Kameron? 

@s73owl is running an "Owlstalk amateur photography club"

We are always looking for "good subject matter" 

Thanks in advance 

Regards O/g xx

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

Just because Jos told the Sheffield Stir that "he hasn't spoken to Westwood about the situation this week"  doesn't mean he's ignoring him or got him locked in a cellar somewhere. 

Lets hope Jos isn't short for Josef

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Seen as though there won’t be any Radio Sheffield press conferences prior to a match, we won’t find anything out and those awkward questions will never be asked. 

Sheffield Wednesday are slowly becoming the North Korea of the Football League with their state owned media and propaganda.

Think you've misunderstood the bbc sheffield thing.

5 minutes ago, Blatter said:

A lesson in how to go the wrong way about making the right decision. Dawson and Wildsmith are the future and the club needs to reduce its losses or suffer the consequences.

Assuming that Westwood is training at the club and not seeking out a new one somewhere,it smacks of moral cowardice not to speak to him about it. This kind of behaviour is in danger of unsettling a squad that’s already getting a lot of flack for the failings of those supposedly running the club.

Didn't he say all 3 keepers were clear on what was happening ?

I think he was quoted as saying he hadn't spoken to KW in the week leading up to the match, not that he hadn't spoken to him about the situation.

Could be wrong but that's what I understood. 

55 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

I'd love it if we can't move him on before the deadline.

Wonder how they'll re-motivate him

It all feels a little like George Hirst MK2 and by that I mean the manager cannot use a player because upstairs says so.

Jones wasn't involved on Saturday and I wondered if we had been trying to move him on too.

Speaking of Saturday, where were Thorniley and Nielsen? Why did we have Jack Lee on the bench?

Edited by rob1601

Sounds to me its all done bar the shouting. Either there are a number of different bids on the table and we are playing the market or wev'e agreed a deal and its all about personal terms or DC has said to Jo's " He's definitely going so just forget about him".