The Westwood situation just gets stranger

18 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

Didn't he say all 3 keepers were clear on what was happening ?

I think he was quoted as saying he hadn't spoken to KW in the week leading up to the match, not that he hadn't spoken to him about the situation.

Could be wrong but that's what I understood. 

Could be just that...except he also said he didn’t know how Westwood felt about it.

That would be odd if there had been a conversation of any kind at all.

I am generally supportive of the cub to the point where Ihave been pretty close to being a happy clapper. A few things recently are making me much more concerned.

This and the whole embargo thing need clearing up to say the least. Hope Mr C is as clear and transparent as he has promised tonight.

I have no problem with Westwood leaving - top keeper and a great pro, but our finances dictate we are better going to Dawson and Wildsmith, whilst getting a fee and a high salary off the books.

But, how about the club is just upfront about this? It's not like it will impact on what other clubs offers us, because the world thinks we've sh*t our bust financially anyway!

There’s the possibility here that Jos just doesn’t fancy putting his faith in Westwood to stay fit ... maybe he’s calling the shots as manager of the team and Chansiri is keeping out of it 

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Could be just that...except he also said he didn’t know how Westwood felt about it.

That would be odd if there had been a conversation of any kind at all.

I am generally supportive of the cub to the point where Ihave been pretty close to being a happy clapper. A few things recently are making me much more concerned.

This and the whole embargo thing need clearing up to say the least. Hope Mr C is as clear and transparent as he has promised tonight.

Agree with that 100%.

1 hour ago, sonofbert2 said:

These two articles make the position JL is in, how he fully understands what he is working with and the latest re. Westwood and the embargo make things pretty clear if they are, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, true.

Guest Hillsborough Mole

35 minutes ago, rob1601 said:

It all feels a little like George Hirst MK2 and by that I mean the manager cannot use a player because upstairs says so.

Jones wasn't involved on Saturday and I wondered if we had been trying to move him on too.

Speaking of Saturday, where were Thorniley and Nielsen? Why did we have Jack Lee on the bench?

That wasn't Keiran Lee?? I'd hoped it was a spelling mistake

2 hours ago, sw1867 said:

JL may have been told that Rhodes and Westwood are definitely moving on therefore he’s not wasting his time even considering them for the first 11.

Not sure I agree however could explain JL’s actions.

It's like farmers...they know better than getting attached to their livestock.

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

It's like farmers...they know better than getting attached to their livestock.

Good point.

My mum was brought up on a farm and when her dad accidentally stood on her pet chicken he snapped its neck and they had it for dinner then he told her afterwards and she threw up.

Players are too mollycoddled these days.

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Westwood could become Jos's McGugan.

It's not the way to treat a player who has been a star for the club. Tell him to find another club by all means but don't hang him out to dry in the local press. If I was KW I'd be tempted to see out my contract even if it meant training with the kids.

No chance of that.  KW is a top pro.  He’ll have no problems finding another club.

And if KW has ambitions of playing Premier League football, there will be many better options available, than Wednesday right now.

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

We all know it's a bit dodgy.

We all know we are currently being run a bit like a Sunday pub team.

We all know Jos is a probably a bit of a puppet manager who does as he's told, however bizarre the request.

I don't think we are run like a pub team and I don't think Jos is a puppet manager.

So less of the "We all know", you sound like a politician.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone on here know exactly what if anything as gone off with the club and KW. Not trawling though 7 pages of speculation. If, not  another pointless sodding thread with little or no substance. 

Guest Theboylangers
35 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

These two articles make the position JL is in, how he fully understands what he is working with and the latest re. Westwood and the embargo make things pretty clear if they are, and there is no reason to believe otherwise, true.

It's worrying that the YP article says that it is expected to be announced tonight (at the fans forum) that we are under an embargo. 

That will certainly make things interesting at the meeting.

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

To be honest, I just think JL is concentrating on what he does have, not what he is about to lose. In my mind, it is clear that before 5:00 pm on Thursday, Westwood will no longer be a Wednesday player.

His agent has been seeking a move, so he is right to concentrate on the other keepers as he is definitely off.

Just now, Theboylangers said:

It's worrying that the YP article says that it is expected to be announced tonight (at the fans forum) that we are under an embargo. 

Yep.  Get ready for MELTDOWN!!

We'll sell a couple of big names too this week and DC will also announce tonight that there will be a 3rd kit released in red.

4 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

Although the YP is considered a Leeds rag so could be sh*t stirring.