BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

47 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Well we did spend about 4 million on Van Aken last summer, much good that it did us.

I am not convinced we spent that much on him TBH? This season's a big one for him.

9 hours ago, Carbone said:

What exactly have you seen whilst he’s been with us to give you that impression?

I've seen a striker low on confidence when he joined have what little confidence he did have kicked out of him by a clueless manager.

I've seen the best striker this division has seen in recent years have to change his game to fit in with the style of said clueless manager.

I've seen a striker completely broken but I have faith Jos is the man to return Rhodes to the striker we all know he is given a good pre season. He did it with Dave he can sure as hell do it with Rhodes.

Edited by Blue and white

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Loans are funny deals. I heard Birmingham City had to give Sam Gallagher a pay rise on his parent deal to get him to move so there must be all sorts of factors. Roger Johnson took a pay cut to come here.

We will no doubt get some kind of fee, if we can shift a decent percentage of his wage that will be a bigger saving in FFP terms. 

Roger Johnson was getting paid ? 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, np pontefract said:

It's amazing how quickly people have turned against Jordan Rhodes.

I want him playing for Sheffield Wednesday,  not sold off or loaned out to our rivals.

We're happy to let him go because irrespective of how much he cost, his goal return is poor.

Goals per game, he is clearly lagging behind every other striker on the books.Slow and weak, not what we expected when he signed, not what we need for the future.

9 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

The stir are now reporting that we’ve called off the move.

The two clubs couldn't agree terms, think the only championship clubs you'll get to pay a £3m loan fee & the majority of his £40k wages will be one of the relegated clubs

Gotta be careful not to jump the gun too soon and panic.

Obviously it’s not great if alot of our business hinges on Rhodes leaving, but you’d be naive to think this isn’t/wasn’t gunna drag on right up until the start of the season. 

13 minutes ago, Canaryfan said:

The two clubs couldn't agree terms, think the only championship clubs you'll get to pay a £3m loan fee & the majority of his £40k wages will be one of the relegated clubs

I believe this one will run late into the window as time runs out I have no doubt some club will make the jump and gamble on him, panic buying and all that.

Edited by s6 owl

27 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

More brinksmanship I reckon.

Yep. He'll go on deadline day.

Which will result in a familiar slippery slope for us ... 

Late signings

September pre-season

Match fitness excuses til January

Hopefully someone else will show an interest.

Maybe Derby if they lose more players, Ipswich or Rangers, if it was true about their interest? However if we can't get him out, he should just knuckle down and be more determined to prove us wrong, and try and impress Jos. One way or another he needs to repay the club, the best way to do that is to knuckle down and get his sharpness back, whether he gets a move or not.

20 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Yep. He'll go on deadline day.

Which will result in a familiar slippery slope for us ... 

Late signings

September pre-season

Match fitness excuses til January

How does any of that necessarily follow from whatever happens with Rhodes?

He's a really nice bloke ...

But this is serious stuff ..

Unless tactically Jos Lukhay 

Has completely changed the way our team plays to accommodate a goal hanging striker then its get rid time ..

Been around the block too many times now this discussion it's sink or swim?

Jo Brand or Mark Spitz 

You decide ? ..........