BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

15 hours ago, np pontefract said:

"We need to shift Rhodes out to enable us to bring players in"

With respect, that is not an established fact. That is your opinion.

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

I like facts and I like opinions, but the two are best kept separate

( in my opinion)

Several well respected journalists have suggested he needs to go before business starts.

It may be opinion, but it's also pretty much a fact.

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Several well respected journalists have suggested he needs to go before business starts.

It may be opinion, but it's also pretty much a fact.

No, it's only a suggestion,  as you have said.  

lol

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Assuming he goes out on loan, wouldn't we want him to score plenty of goals so that his value increases and we stand a better chance of bringing in a good fee for him at some point?

If not, we stand to lose a lot of money on him.

True, and usually his goals don’t amount to much, as far as the team is concerned, so it could be a win win situation 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Assuming he goes out on loan, wouldn't we want him to score plenty of goals so that his value increases and we stand a better chance of bringing in a good fee for him at some point?

If not, we stand to lose a lot of money on him.

Yes - but it it aids Norwich at our expense then it’s not a great situation.

..if he starts to score I’d rather have him here doing it for us, this lessening the need to sell him.

On 06/07/2018 at 09:24, Shetland Owl said:

I wonder what they have been talking about? Delia's pies, Alan Partridge

This does not come across as the best way to motivate our most expensive player ever.

Norwich have sold a couple of players for a decent amount, so if they want JR they can buy him and sort out their own wage structure with him, or if they want to bank more money, they can loan him and pay his indefeasibly large wages. 

Why do so many clubs view us as some kind of charity organisation and why do so many clubs get to rip us off on transfer deals?

The George Hirst deal stinks, but does anybody remember the Niort deal that allowed Niort to buy Chapman for a knock down price that they could not afford and consequently sold him on to Forest, who had been after him for a while, again at a knock down price. I could never understand how, when Niort could not pay the money they owed, Chappy did not become our player again. The two deals always smacked as a big con to me, much the same as when George Hirst moves to Leicester, if he makes the grade in their Belgium team. 

28 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Daily Mirror reporting that Birmingham have been hit with a transfer embargo. the signings they have made this summer cannot play

embargo relates to not meeting FFP

No doubt they will be pardoned..........have QPR coughed up yet...............London & big city clubs have own "get out of jail free" cards........meanwhile we would have been shafted big style

2 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

No doubt they will be pardoned..........have QPR coughed up yet...............London & big city clubs have own "get out of jail free" cards........meanwhile we would have been shafted big style

Brum will just drag it through the courts like QPR have done , delaying any embargo and fine until all avenue`s of appeal have been exhausted. 

34 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Daily Mirror reporting that Birmingham have been hit with a transfer embargo. the signings they have made this summer cannot play

embargo relates to not meeting FFP

Yet the relegated club are allowed to come down armed with their failure millions and can just spend ,spend ,spend. What a complete joke FFP is. 

40 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

If he finds his form and scores goals for us i’d be delighted for him to stay.

so would most tbf..

It's a big 'if' given what he's shown under both Carvalhal and Luhukay so far, though.

If the manager had seen enough to want to keep Rhodes, I assume he'll be looking to move on at least one of our other forwards in order to free up some funds during this transfer window.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what he decides.

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's a big 'if' given what he's shown under both Carvalhal and Luhukay so far, though.

If the manager had seen enough to want to keep Rhodes, I assume he'll be looking to move on at least one of our other forwards in order to free up some funds during this transfer window.

I suppose we'll have to wait and see what he decides.

Your comment at the bottom sums it up - fair to say none of us really know what will happen or what JL thinks.

the money situation is as opaque as ever but I expect things to start to happen once the WC concludes. 

As I see it as things stand Rhodes is 5th or 6th down the pecking order and isn’t going to play much football for us this season. Nuhiu and Joao took advantage of the opportunities given by Lukuhay last season, Rhodes didn’t.

If he plays regularly on loan somewhere else then he more than likely will score goals. As someone else has already said, it’s the Wednesday Way but regardless of this I don’t see him ever scoring regularly for us unless we appoint a manager who will taylor his tactics to suit him.

In a year’s time the landscape may well be very different at Hillsborough certainly with regards to the striker department and who knows Rhodes may yet get a chance to impress but I suspect he’ll move permanently to whoever he goes on loan to?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Probably the biggest thing with Rhodes now is that it’s not just the club that wants to move him on,  I think he wants to leave aswell now so if there’s a willingness from both sides i can see something been done sooner rather than later 

1 hour ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

If he finds his form and scores goals for us i’d be delighted for him to stay.

so would most tbf..

Well of course they would. Where's the evidence he is any way near doing that for Wednesday though. I think that might be the reason the club are wanting to offload him. Just a thought.

6 hours ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

If Norwich want him they want him fairly quickly as they will have other business to close, plus integrating him into the squad.

Wherever he goes he will likely score - it’s the Wednesday way.

When he does move the 100% best thing for us is that he does score.

The worst case would be that he flops...