BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

40 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

Looked pretty quick vs us when he raced through to stick 4 in during one match

You must be referring to another game where he looks particularly fast? I didn't see any bursts of pace. You can stretch to make a point for the last one but I think that was our shocking defending more than anything. 

Edited by Carbone

His movement in the box is one of the best I have seen .

He scored two against Norwich and it looked good. He then got other chances through his movement but missed them and eventually it all went pear shaped.

I believe he will score for them but it is still the right deal if the finances are right 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Did they only travel up the north west training camp thingy for one day then?

If a club wants to sign u there is no waiting around. He would have left the camp to go down to norwich. 

The swfc website said that picture was taken thursday.

11 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

His movement in the box is one of the best I have seen .

He scored two against Norwich and it looked good. He then got other chances through his movement but missed them and eventually it all went pear shaped.

I believe he will score for them but it is still the right deal if the finances are right 

His movement in the box is decent - he knows when to make those runs and in the right areas. The goal away at Norwich illustrated this perfectly.

However, his overall play is pretty poor for this level. He can’t run, can’t link play, he’s not great in the air and he’s not a physical presence. 

We like to play with fluidity when all our best players are fit and he clearly doesn’t fit into our system. 

Its the right move for us and the right move for Jordan.

I hope he does well as no one can doubt he is a decent bloke.

I still can’t believe that this and the other transfers (Fox and Winnall) in the January Window of 2017 have seemed to hampered our activity in the market ever since. I don’t see anything really moving in the market for us until next summer so this coming season is very much a difficult one to call in how it will go for us IMO.

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I still can’t believe that this and the other transfers (Fox and Winnall) in the January Window of 2017 have seemed to hampered our activity in the market ever since. I don’t see anything really moving in the market for us until next summer so this coming season is very much a difficult one to call in how it will go for us IMO.

Well we did spend about 4 million on Van Aken last summer, much good that it did us.