BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

Just now, OWLERTON GHOST said:

He's a really nice bloke ...

But this is serious stuff ..

Unless tactically Jos Lukhay 

Has completely changed the way our team plays to accommodate a goal hanging striker then its get rid time ..

Been around the block too many times now this discussion it's sink or swim?

Jo Brand or Mark Spitz 

You decide ? ..........

Is this a poem?

lol

• Haha 1

Made a thread when we signed him saying it was strange and puzzling, and got negged to the hills :Pelupessy:.

Look how times changes!

Seriously though, talented player but did not fit into CC's team and clearly doesn't fit into Jos's even with injuries to Hooper/Fletcher and FF he STILL could not get a game...really telling. Providing Norwich cover his wages and give us some kind of loan fee i'll just be happy to see him playing regular football again...might open the door for us to bring in other players we actually do need.

Interesting point about Rhodes though, lovely guy but he has NEVER been a regular player on a winning team at this level, only ever starts and scores for teams battling relegation or promotion from L1....

Considering how much money we paid for him, perhaps the most disappointing signing the club has ever made.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Tom said:

How does any of that necessarily follow from whatever happens with Rhodes?

If, as it seems, we're waiting on the Rhodes money for FunFP ... 

That leads to the first and the first leads to the second & third (as it has in previous years) 

8 minutes ago, camffiti said:

If, as it seems, we're waiting on the Rhodes money for FunFP ... 

That leads to the first and the first leads to the second & third (as it has in previous years) 

I’m hoping to gawd we’re a bit less naive this time around.

Why do I do this myself?

lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Made a thread when we signed him saying it was strange and puzzling, and got negged to the hills :Pelupessy:.

Look how times changes!

Seriously though, talented player but did not fit into CC's team and clearly doesn't fit into Jos's even with injuries to Hooper/Fletcher and FF he STILL could not get a game...really telling. Providing Norwich cover his wages and give us some kind of loan fee i'll just be happy to see him playing regular football again...might open the door for us to bring in other players we actually do need.

Interesting point about Rhodes though, lovely guy but he has NEVER been a regular player on a winning team at this level, only ever starts and scores for teams battling relegation or promotion from L1....

Considering how much money we paid for him, perhaps the most disappointing signing the club has ever made.

Amen. Our record signing!

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I've seen a striker low on confidence when he joined have what little confidence he did have kicked out of him by a clueless manager.

I've seen the best striker this division has seen in recent years have to change his game to fit in with the style of said clueless manager.

I've seen a striker completely broken but I have faith Jos is the man to return Rhodes to the striker we all know he is given a good pre season. He did it with Dave he can sure as hell do it with Rhodes.

But if Rhodes is so capable still, why was Nuhiu doing it and not him? 

Clueless manager? I think every fan would take two seasons finishing in the playoffs now for the next two seasons wouldn't they? If Jos is as "clueless", we are blessed. The more sensible of our fans recognise it was probably when it all went wrong for us, bringing Rhodes in. 

I do find it quite funny that those who were slating "happy clappers" that didn't want us to sack Carlos are now defending a striker that hasn't done anything for us in 2 seasons and refuse to hear any criticism of him, and invent reasons why we'd miss him if he was sold. I'm sorry but anybody flogging the dead horse called "Rhodes will come good" are 100x more deluded than anybody who defending Carlos.

7 hours ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Look how times changes!

Our most disappointing signing is abdi . 4 mil for so,some who was obviously shot when we bought him . Jeez our recruitment has been abysmal ! 

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

I knew we wouldn’t be able to offload Rhodes...this. signing will end up making Jeffers look like a bargain by the time he’s milked us till the end of his contract..:carlos:

Has transfer window shut? How did I miss the yellow tie and deadline day excitement? 

9 hours ago, camffiti said:

Yep. He'll go on deadline day.

Which will result in a familiar slippery slope for us ... 

Late signings

September pre-season

Match fitness excuses til January

Do other clubs not do pre season training? Even most free agents will train with a club somewhere just to get fitness.

When there is summat to complain about, fill yer boots. Until then let's give em a chance and stop imagining scenarios to have a gripe at the clubs previous failings.

Ps... Sorry... Kids woke me up early so I'm a grumpy old swallocks.

FFS