BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

I don't mind players leaving  not achieved a great deal with them being here so far. I do think we will see players leave in the last year of contracts as we try to recoup some money back. Would also off load the injury prone ones. How much money have we paid our in wages for players who can't play.

Typical Wednesday Chapter 532 is Rhodes scoring 25 in a Norwich City promotion season. 

‘Discussing terms’ will involve Norwich begging Rhodes to take a haircut on his wages to cover the loan fee. 

It does seem very odd after god knows how many 100 page threads begging him here over multiple transfer windows that so many are so keen to get rid. I'd be shocked if we have a goal scorer that scores more than him next year (that may be due to us rotating 6/7 mind).

56 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

2m is the requirement

14 minutes ago, Canaryfan said:

Think its more like 1m plus half of his wages

Split the difference, £1.5m, 75% of wages, job done.

Easy this negotiating lark.

Just now, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

If Jordan Rhodes starts banging the goals in ,Ask why he wasn't doing it here ,My opinion you agree or don't ,Wont fall out with any of you ,I think the bloke is lazy.

I think he was trying too hard early on. You could see him straining to score with every fiber of his being but then when he hadn't scored it started to get into his head. Sports psychology is an industry for a reason. He's not lost his pace, he's not lost his skills but his confidence in front of goal has gone and unfortunately for us over the last season that is the main feature of his game

2 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

If Jordan Rhodes starts banging the goals in ,Ask why he wasn't doing it here ,My opinion you agree or don't ,Wont fall out with any of you ,I think the bloke is lazy.

Why wasn't he doing it here? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sultan_Pepper said:

I think he was trying too hard early on. You could see him straining to score with every fiber of his being but then when he hadn't scored it started to get into his head. Sports psychology is an industry for a reason. He's not lost his pace, he's not lost his skills but his confidence in front of goal has gone and unfortunately for us over the last season that is the main feature of his game

I'm not sure he's ever had pace has he? One of our slowest players since he joined

Guest Jack the Hat
5 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I think I'm in a minority here but I think this is a massive mistake and will come back to bites us on the arse.

More a tactical necessity than a mistake. He could be top scorer in the league next season. But then if that wasn't a possibility nobody would pay his wages. There have been many times when losing a proven scorer like him and a young prospect like Hirst would have been a disaster. Not at the moment though. We still have 7 accomplished strikers and at least one coming through. What a time to be alive!