BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

Down by their ankles and take them Katrien.

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

"Cue Doctor Photoshop"

Can't wait to see this ......

"Whitechapel are you There" ?!!!!!

She lives next door, seen her knickers on the line, nowt special. 

(Tried this once before).

• Haha 1

We had their trousers down with Hooper, so maybe they'll try to return the compliment.

It's a Fessi/Abdi scenario.

If we sign anyone else from bonny 'Boro, then we should be getting a very good deal indeed, if that's how it works.

In fact, we should get the player for nowt.  :CEO:

Makes total sense from a business point of view, his value has plumetted and a loan gives the option of it increasing once more whilst someone else carries the risk and pays his wages.

If he regains his form he becomes a valuable asset once more for us or to sell on and if not then we won't get much less than we would now.

If the amounts re. his wages are to be believed then there is a saving of 2m this season which covers any further drop in what he is now worth.

His signing was a gamble, made with the right intentions and despite his overall disappointing impact people forget that before he didn't take the penalty he came within a whisker and a very good save of winning the game against Huddersfield in extra time and would now be a hero, as would DC for signing him.  Fine margins.

Edited by sonofbert2
  • Like 1

I like the idea of Jordan Rhodes playing for us. 

He's a nice bloke, Yorkshire lad ... He's a name you associate with goals, and the type of player the opposition fans think is an immediate goal threat. 

In reality, you can tell within 5 minutes his legs have gone. He runs like he's towing a tractor (probably useful in Norwich) and his positional sense is a long way short of what it should be at his level. 

Good riddance imo, he'll be lucky to score 10 goals next season. 

João, Nuhiu, Fletch, FF, Hoops. In the ideal world you'd shift one more and get a new striker in, but I know that's just being greedy!

EDIT: Forgot about Winnall!! Blimey. Nothing to see here!

Edited by joelswfc
I'm a moron

7 minutes ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

I like the idea of Jordan Rhodes playing for us. 

He's a nice bloke, Yorkshire lad ... He's a name you associate with goals, and the type of player the opposition fans think is an immediate goal threat. 

In reality, you can tell within 5 minutes his legs have gone. He runs like he's towing a tractor (probably useful in Norwich) and his positional sense is a long way short of what it should be at his level. 

Good riddance imo, he'll be lucky to score 10 goals next season. 

10 goals you say, ok with that 5 home and away against the blunts. Agent Rhodes job done.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

So Jordan might well go. If he does, by my reckoning, and I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong, that leaves, as it stands Big Dave, Joao and FF as possible strikers.

Fletch still not fit, Hoops regaining fitness, and Winnall still out injured.

Leaves us a tad thin up top. 

Step forward Borukov. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Will be one of the leagues top scorers next season imo. 

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

Decisions  have to be made and there is no doubt that we have too many strikers. If Rhodes is one that Jos thinks can go , also one that somebody wants and it makes financial sense that such is life.

I think he will score goals for them but that doesn’t mean the move doesn’t make sense .

If he does once again become a leading scorer it can only be a good thing. 

He will still be a Wednesday player at the end of the loan period and his transfer value will rocket.

In the meantime the club will have gained a million or two in loan fees and reduction in the wage bill.

Of course it makes sense.

My problem with Rhodes was never his goal poaching/ tap ins in the box for whoever...I had quite an open mind for a while...

then I saw him run! What the flip is that all about? He looked like some kind of demented penguin flippety-flapping round the pitch...should’ve christened him “Pingu”! Noot! Noot! :wacko:

10 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

So Jordan might well go. If he does, by my reckoning, and I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong, that leaves, as it stands Big Dave, Joao and FF as possible strikers.

Think those three will be our first choice, as they were towards the end of last season.

While I think Hooper is a great player, he is now 30 and has averaged around 25 games per season over the last two seasons , which is not good enough. Fit and able to contribute for a whole season, he would be in most peoples starting 11, but can we rely on him (and presume he is taking a large amount of wage budget for those 25 games)?

It is concerning that they are still not fit with pre-season underway. Hope it is a case of easing them in rather than issues remaining with their respective injuries.

In some ways our style under CC might not suit him given that we could over play. But to be fair we did create chances and we’ve had other strikers do well. Rhodes had a goal on his home debut and it should’ve been lift off, but his confidence seemed to evaporate as the default position. The extra time shot in the playoff semis lacked the kind of conviction we’d seen from him in an opposing shirt. That miss at home to Sunderland from 2 yards....he’s scored some nice goals too but just couldn’t seem to follow with more. Under Luhukay he looked a bit better and more aggressive, but ultimately we have a lot of strikers.

If Norwich get him, they need to play him and keep playing him. I think it may eventually click for him again if he knows he’s going to get another chance he won’t be as anxious. But that won’t happen here because if he misses, Winnall, Hooper, joao, Nuhiu are looking at the manager.

Nuhiu with a proper fitness focused pre season (as looks to be the case) and confidence will be an absolute beast next season.  He will make Harry Kane look like Colin West.

Get FF playing off the bits and bobs that bounce off big Adthe and bring Joao on to stretch a team second half if we need to.  The rest are benched unless they are killing it in training or those 3 fade.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Happens to us all ...

Happens to us all....

• Like 1

Lets hope Nuhiu can carry on his form that he produced at the end of last season and not the form of his previous seasons with us. Be great to have a fully fit Hooper, FF and Winnall available all season also. Personally still undecided on Joao but he showed some encouraging signs towards the end of the season. Would get rid of Fletcher if we could be with his wages would guess it wont be an easy task.

Edited by WalthamOwl

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Think those three will be our first choice, as they were towards the end of last season.

While I think Hooper is a great player, he is now 30 and has averaged around 25 games per season over the last two seasons , which is not good enough. Fit and able to contribute for a whole season, he would be in most peoples starting 11, but can we rely on him (and presume he is taking a large amount of wage budget for those 25 games)?

It is concerning that they are still not fit with pre-season underway. Hope it is a case of easing them in rather than issues remaining with their respective injuries.

I believe we need to re assess some of our players ability to stay the course after a properly organised pre season and better minor injury management.

Players like Hooper, Fletcher  and Matias may well surprise us, not forgetting the likes of Hutchinson and Abdi, (but they might need a miracle).

Just now, Blatter said:

I believe we need to re assess some of our players ability to stay the course after a properly organised pre season and better minor injury management.

Players like Hooper, Fletcher  and Matias may well surprise us, not forgetting the likes of Hutchinson and Abdi, (but they might need a miracle).

sincerely hope they do, but have some doubts.