BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

3 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

He was crap, no other way of putting it, and not taking that penalty showed he didn't and hasn't given a throw about us.

he was more concerned about scoring against Huddersfield, than scoring for us.

He should get some tips from that vastly experienced England player on taking penalties under pressure.

Rashford I think he's called?

9 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Might have to keep him till January and then loan him and sell Winnall. 

You never know he might get off to a decent start and become the Rhodes we remember from his Huddersfield and Blackburn days. 

Regarding Winnall ,Derby wouldn't buy him, and they broke him, who in their right minds would buy a player who aint gonna be fit till Jan, at earliest.

As for Rhodes get rid asap.

As someone said, perhaps hardball tactics by our side. Hope that's the case to be fair. Expect them to meet someone in-between. We need him off the wage bill as much as possible as as soon as possible. He's that far down the order that I'd still expect him to go somewhere.

4 hours ago, daleblue said:

Regarding Winnall ,Derby wouldn't buy him, and they broke him, who in their right minds would buy a player who aint gonna be fit till Jan, at earliest.

Last I read Winnal should be back September October. It won’t take 3 months to get fit under Jos. 

5 hours ago, spike1867 said:

Do other clubs not do pre season training? Even most free agents will train with a club somewhere just to get fitness.

When there is summat to complain about, fill yer boots. Until then let's give em a chance and stop imagining scenarios to have a gripe at the clubs previous failings.

Ps... Sorry... Kids woke me up early so I'm a grumpy old swallocks.

FFS

They're all regular excuses used on here, by the 'Give em a chance FFS' brigade

Same rationale as signing a cr*p player, but the player isn't cr*p, until he's cr*p in blue & white stripes.

By the sounds of it, the deal isn't dead.

The trouble with this Rhodes deal is its far more important for Wednesday to do quickly, than Norwich. 

Norwich can afford to play hard ball. Because they'll know, we cannot start our transfer business until Rhodes has left, at the very least. 

Norwich can wait. Wednesday cannot afford to do that. 

We need to do the best deal we can...as quickly as we can. I can see this dragging on until deadline day. 

Edited by frastheowl

9 hours ago, daleblue said:

Another bit of pap business. Send out a fit player capable of getting goals and get loaned a second-rate midfielder. Broken asset which will take the best part of a year to fix and move on/use.

19 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

The trouble with this Rhodes deal is its far more important for Wednesday to do quickly, than Norwich. 

Norwich can afford to play hard ball. Because they'll know, we cannot start our transfer business until Rhodes has left, at the very least. 

We need to do the best deal we can...as quickly as we can. I can see this dragging on until deadline day. 

Should up the ante and pretend we are in talks with another club to loan him to.

23 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I think it’ll be done relatively soon. 

48 minutes ago, np pontefract said:

I sincerely hope not !

The problem we have is ,we need to shift Rhodes out to enable us to bring players in . Id Rhodes dosnt go , Bannan or Fessi probably will. 

I know who i would rather leave. 

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

The problem we have is ,we need to shift Rhodes out to enable us to bring players in . Id Rhodes dosnt go , Bannan or Fessi probably will. 

I honestly don't think either Bannan or forestieri are players that we are looking to get rid of.

Rowett and Bruce are fans of Bannan and would probably both have him. but they would also know how much we would want from them.

Will be no fire sale where they are concerned. 

And if we can't shift anybody else. then it's simple we will not buy anyone.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

"We need to shift Rhodes out to enable us to bring players in"

With respect, that is not an established fact. That is your opinion.

You are of course entitled to your opinion.

I like facts and I like opinions, but the two are best kept separate

( in my opinion)

On 07/07/2018 at 17:44, frastheowl said:

Stop making statements as if they are facts....Tha knows nowt....and that IS a fact.

• Haha 1

On 06/07/2018 at 17:06, dan1980 said:

He had 18 months here mate i know everybody has different opinions but just cant see it working for him here

Confidence player mate, not sure the last management helped - didn't Carlos even pin him for not taking a penalty against Huddersfield?

You're right, a change might help him - but losing a prolific goalscorer at this level, especially if it's for a massive loss, is the sort of thing that comes and bites us on the backside!

16 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I think it’ll be done relatively soon. 

If Norwich want him they want him fairly quickly as they will have other business to close, plus integrating him into the squad.

Wherever he goes he will likely score - it’s the Wednesday way.

14 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Wherever he goes he will likely score - it’s the Wednesday way.

Assuming he goes out on loan, wouldn't we want him to score plenty of goals so that his value increases and we stand a better chance of bringing in a good fee for him at some point?

If not, we stand to lose a lot of money on him.