BREAKING | #SWFC striker Jordan Rhodes in talks with Norwich City

7 minutes ago, poite said:

Can't wait until he bags his 20th goal of the season for them so I can watch the meltdown on here 

You won't have to wait that long, it will be after every goal he scores for them.

For some reason Rhodes has been defended to death on here, and had so many excuses made for him - far more than any other player has.

If he agrees personal terms with Norwich and the only sticking point is the fee, I would let him go on a free if that's what it takes for him to get him off our wage bill.

A absolutely terrible signing who has been giving an incredible amount of chances with different strike partners and different set ups.

Sick of hearing about ' how to get the best out of him' .  We've done everything reasonable we can for him, most of it based on his history and reputation rather than anything he has shown whilst here.

This move needs to happen.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, poite said:

Can't wait until he bags his 20th goal of the season for them so I can watch the meltdown on here 

When was the last time he scored 20 goals in a season

12 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

You won't have to wait that long, it will be after every goal he scores for them.

For some reason Rhodes has been defended to death on here, and had so many excuses made for him - far more than any other player has.

If he agrees personal terms with Norwich and the only sticking point is the fee, I would let him go on a free if that's what it takes for him to get him off our wage bill.

A absolutely terrible signing who has been giving an incredible amount of chances with different strike partners and different set ups.

Sick of hearing about ' how to get the best out of him' .  We've done everything reasonable we can for him, most of it based on his history and reputation rather than anything he has shown whilst here.

Couldnt agree more

The only thing I cant decide would be best for us, is if it would be best to do a loan with a price agreed and transfer sorted so that they HAVE to buy him next summer no matter how good bad or indifferent he is (like we had to after his loan with us), or whether we should leave it open and hope he scores 20+ goals so we can then sell him for a profit next summer. 

I thought he was an excellent signing, one of the most exciting in many years - big money signing, experienced and proven striker who's scored shed loads at this level. But for some reason it just never worked..... we never really saw the Rhodes we all hated when he played against us! Whether that's the player or our system, I've no idea. Either way it's typical of Wednesday to sign a player of Rhodes caliber only for it to be a huge disappointment. 

It's best for all parties if this deal happens - Rhodes gets a fresh start to resurrect his form at Norwich, whilst we get a nice chunk of money and wage savings in the process. 

6 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

How many he scored since .there no denying rhodes has been absolutley rubbish since he been at wednesday

3 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

How many he scored since .there no denying rhodes has been absolutley rubbish since he been at wednesday

Scored 16 the following league campaign which was split between Blackburn and Boro.

He's struggled with us. Vydra struggled at first when he moved to Derby... then banged in 21 last season.

Personally think we are mugs to write him off this early, but seems needs must.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, poite said:

I can’t wait for him to score that many for Norwich, we might get our money back then. I don’t think he’ll score that many here. He’s one of those players you would love to see do well here but he’s had his chances.

Guest wilyfox

Doesn't matter how many he scores for Norwich. Doesn't suit the dynamic of our team whilst costing megabucks. Dudes gotta go. 

16 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Scored 16 the following league campaign which was split between Blackburn and Boro.

He's struggled with us. Vydra struggled at first when he moved to Derby... then banged in 21 last season.

If we didn't have too many strikers I'd agree completely but our squad is so top heavy, especially in terms of wages one or two of them have to be moved on

40 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Doing that would put us in a worse position in respect of FFP.  If he was signed for a fee of £8m on a 4 year deal (just for ease of calculation) and he's got 3 years left keeping him would cost a one year write down of value £2M and £40,000 pw wages, another £2m total for the year £4M.

If we let him go for nothing we have to write off £6m (3 years of his contract) , we wouldn't have to pay his wages  but the outgoing would still be £6m.

We are £2m worse off by letting him go for free.

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Doesn't matter how many he scores for Norwich. Doesn't suit the dynamic of our team whilst costing megabucks. Dudes gotta go. 

Yep, totally agree with this ^

The team is the most important thing, if individuals don't fit into how Jos wants us to play, then get rid and bring in other players that suit our team. We'll be much more effective as a team that way.

19 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

He had 18 months here mate i know everybody has different opinions but just cant see it working for him here