Mick McCarthy

I’m not really a fan of Mick McCarthy, but I’m not a fan of Warnock either and would have him here now. So McCarthy might do a decent job for us, as I think a british manager would be the right direction for us to go in. Pearson, Johnson, Smith, Hurst are all managers I would be happy to have here next season 

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

At some point DC must realise that appointing obscure , left field managers with no experience of British football  isnt working . Big Mick would be the perfect fit for us. He has the ability to find gems on a shoe string budget , something which should appeal to DC with us having FFP problems. 

Compared to what? Dave Jones?

5 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

2004/5 season Sunderland promoted as champions

2008/9 Took Wolves up as champions

Not good enough

But from 2012 to now

259 games, won 97, drawn 73, lost 89.

So mid table championship manager at best.

I'd carry Mick McCarthy up from Ipswich on my back whilst riding a unicycle - pick Jos up on the way and carry him to Manchester airport  - and then drop Mick off safely at Hillsborough.....

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

But from 2012 to now

259 games, won 97, drawn 73, lost 89.

So mid table championship manager at best.

The sides he has worked with in that time are no better then the teams we had pre Chansiri.

I would be interested to see what he could do with a better squad of players.

Not my choice but he’d probably do the job that’s required. I think he’d get Rhodes scoring again and getting the best out of him I think is key for any manager here IMO as we would struggle to move him on ATM. I expect Jos to leave at the end of the season anyway as I suspect he’s only signed a contract until the summer?

14 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

2004/5 season Sunderland promoted as champions

2008/9 Took Wolves up as champions

Not good enough

Obviously not for some on here. They would rather have left field , obscure managers 

Not a chance would I want this absolute turd of a man anywhere near Wednesday.

Why is this even a discussion whilst it's clear that Jos is in a firefight this season and should be given the close season and beyond.

Edited by HubristicClapper
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Mick has all the credentials to be a success with us. Can work on a tight budget. Has an eye for a player. vastly experienced. Has promotions on his CV. Has that British mentality that can seem lost on some foreign coaches.

If Katrien can have some influence in her position, she needs to convince DC to let Jos go and get big Mick for next season.

Agree with all that but I reckon DC and KM want someone they can manipulate 

3 hours ago, Kanye West said:

It’s been confirmed that he’s leaving Ipswich at the end of the season. 

Should Jos not be here, would anyone take Mick? I think I would. 

If Jos is only here till the end of the season I'd replace him with mick in a heartbeat. He's proven to have the know how to get out of this division at least twice and stabilised clubs in the Premier short term. Knows the league, knows English football and knows what is required, so given a few funds and some room to manouver I'd be pretty optimistic. 

If Jos is still here he's my full backing for next season. 

Nothing against Jos but Mccarthy was my #1 choice when Carlos left and that’s still the case. 

Won the title twice, qualified for playoffs several times, his teams score goals and the Ipswich side that came to Hillsborough the other week certainly didn’t play hoof ball. They were neat and tidy and put together on a shoestring budget, not to mention they took the 3 points and are well above us in the league.

Chansiri needs to be ruthless now like he was with Stuart Gray. If we don’t get Mick another championship side with promotion aspirations will.