Mick McCarthy

Not sure what the Wednesday obsession is with past their best has-beens.

This guys has had 10 years of failure, and has been getting worse every season.

Plays absolutely dreadful lower league type football, and isn't even very good at signing cheap talents (even Stuart Gray was more successful at this).

Ipswich fans (who have to put up with his crap every week) are desperate to get rid. Can't understand why anyone with promotion aspirations would want someone like this.

Get Involved #bbcefl

The right time for McCarthy to leave Ipswich

Rex Features:

Oliver Allen: Right time for him to go in my opinion. Was a good servant but stale tactics and bitterness with fans has ruined season. Future was in the balance so good we now know.

Paul Barber: McCarthy has done a fantastic job on limited funds but the time is right for change. His negative football and disregard for a section of our fans created a rift that could not be healed. Now we need Evans to sell up.

Do we really want to get into this ???

8 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Let's just hope that once we make sure we're certainly safe from relegation that DC and Jos get together

and sort out a two year contract for him then we won't have to suffer the McCarthy hoofball anytime soon.

I really don't get this still worrying about relegation lark,with brum winning that puts barnsley in the bottom three,we would be 10 points clear and have a better goal difference,i said this after we won at dirty leeds by the way,not  because of yesterday.

1 hour ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Get Involved #bbcefl

Rex Features:

Oliver Allen: Right time for him to go in my opinion. Was a good servant but stale tactics and bitterness with fans has ruined season. Future was in the balance so good we now know.

Paul Barber: McCarthy has done a fantastic job on limited funds but the time is right for change. His negative football and disregard for a section of our fans created a rift that could not be healed. Now we need Evans to sell up.

I know what you mean.

But I think you get that with all managers when they've been in the job a while and the piggy bank is empty

3 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

It's the alienation of fans bit that worried me, money availability or not.

Swings and roundabouts isn't it.  

Someone sits behind you for 6 months telling you you're crappola at your job , I think you stop being bothered about keeping them happy. 

Always reminds me of that bit in that Warnock documentary.

He's sat on the bench and the blunts start singing for him to give them a wave. He shakes his head turns to McCall and says "Give em a wave...they'll be chanting for me out next week".

Part and parcel of the long term managers lot.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ElsecarOwl said:

It's the alienation of fans bit that worried me, money availability or not.

Chansiri has alienated part of the fan base already

Something needs to change and somebody like Mcarthy would do a good job but I don't think he's enough of a yes man for Chansiri so it'll not happen.

11 minutes ago, horny owl said:

Something needs to change and somebody like Mcarthy would do a good job but I don't think he's enough of a yes man for Chansiri so it'll not happen.

It's the old story of football fans being fickle.

Unless your team is doing consistently well, you look for someone and something to blame i.e. Chairman and Manager in the cross hairs.

Comes with the job.

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

I really don't get this still worrying about relegation lark,with brum winning that puts barnsley in the bottom three,we would be 10 points clear and have a better goal difference,i said this after we won at dirty leeds by the way,not  because of yesterday.

Personally, I agree with you but, I reckon Jos and DC will want it clear cut before talking contracts.

The little bit yesterday from Alan Biggs suggests Jos is getting ready to sign up for longer.

22 minutes ago, horny owl said:

And McCarthy would alienate another section of the fanbase with his dire football.

11 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Personally, I agree with you but, I reckon Jos and DC will want it clear cut before talking contracts.

The little bit yesterday from Alan Biggs suggests Jos is getting ready to sign up for longer.

With regards to DC and Jos i absolutely agree,but as a fan base we should be more relaxed than some appear to be.

We have a manager at present. Until it goes sour or he is at the end of the road with us, the talk of some one like big daft MIck shouldn't even crop up on this forum. To be honest I think its an insult to the current  manager and club. 

Also folk have short memories. It was that tug*r who got Frankie Simek sent off at Hillsborough and people were baying for McCarthy's blood at the time. Remember

4 hours ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Get Involved #bbcefl

Rex Features:

Evans saddled him with some right dour personnel.

McCarthy at Wolves were much more expansive, made Kevin Doyle look a proper goalscorer.