Mick McCarthy

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

MM would get us up in 2 years no doubt in my mind about that

Managers like him, Warnock and Pulis just know how to get the job done at this level 

DIdn't get Ipswich up, and can be argued that's he's not made much difference to them since signing for them.  The fans loathe his style of football and are happy that he's leaving.  

1 minute ago, Watson said:

DIdn't get Ipswich up, and can be argued that's he's not made much difference to them since signing for them.  The fans loathe his style of football and are happy that he's leaving.  

At Wolves and Sunderland he had funds and spent them well, and got those two clubs promoted. At Ipswich he hasnt had a pot to slash in , thats the difference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you want to sack Jos , if his contract runs beyond this season then ?.

Sign a better GK and you might keep more clean sheets.

Sign a better striker and you might score more goals.

Sign a better manager and you might win more games.

I’m ambivalent about the manager situation; there’s never any guarantees in football.  But McCarthy’s record at this level speaks for itself - very underrated coach.

Just now, Watson said:

So why are the Ipswich fans happy that he's leaving?

Probably because they were hoping to be challenging for promotion ,which was totally unrealistic on their budget. 

11 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Sign a better GK and you might keep more clean sheets.

Sign a better striker and you might score more goals.

Sign a better manager and you might win more games.

I’m ambivalent about the manager situation; there’s never any guarantees in football.  But McCarthy’s record at this level speaks for itself - very underrated coach.

Operative word being  might !! Hey Jos’s cv isn’t too shoddy either , but yes not in England I know . Let’s give him time eh , why change yet ? 

1 minute ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You don’t like Jos then ? 

He hasn't had a go with a full squad really so it would be unfair to judge him but I think Mick Mcarthy would do a decent job for us don't you?

Have just read the seven pages on this thread and imo there is a vast amount of conjecture on what MM could do for our club ie would take us out of this division for one.We have a manager at present who inherited a massive pile of cr@p from the previous incumbent, there are 8 matches left so let's get behind the manager and the team and stop this dreaming.

18 minutes ago, Watson said:

So why are the Ipswich fans happy that he's leaving?

That'll be the world-famous inbreeding which is a favoured pastime of many a resident of the Suffolk Broads. Many don't know their sister from their cousin down that way.

:duntmatter:

I'd still like to see what Luhukay can do with anything even approaching a fully-fit squad before we consign him to the history books, though. I'm not sure what more fans expected of him given the awful situation he inherited.

The return of Hutchinson and Lees has already made us look a lot better than in recent months, so he deserves a crack at it with the likes of a fit Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper, van Aken etc. before we bid him vaarwel.

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That'll be the world-famous inbreeding which is a favoured pastime of many a resident of the Suffolk Broads. Many don't know their sister from their cousin down that way.

:duntmatter:

I'd still like to see what Luhukay can do with anything even approaching a fully-fit squad before we consign him to the history books, though. I'm not sure what more fans expected of him given the awful situation he inherited.

The return of Hutchinson and Lees has already made us look a lot better than in recent months, so he deserves a crack at it with the likes of a fit Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper, van Aken etc. before we bid him vaarwel.

Tend to agree about the football stuff.