Mick McCarthy

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
5 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

A lot of our lot didn't want Warnock for the same reason. However he would have had us promoted by now if he'd have been backed by DC as Carlos was. Also this supposedly hatred stuff is all a bit unproven to be fair and in my opinion totally irrelevant.

Agreed but water under the bridge.

56 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Mick has all the credentials to be a success with us. Can work on a tight budget. Has an eye for a player. vastly experienced. Has promotions on his CV. Has that British mentality that can seem lost on some foreign coaches.

If Katrien can have some influence in her position, she needs to convince DC to let Jos go and get big Mick for next season.

Spot on mate 

Thankfully I cant see big Mick being a chansiri target,granted hes got good knowledge of the game & division,but Ipswich havent troubled the auto promotion spots for quite a few seasons,which is quite possibly the reason hes not getting another go at it.

Edited by legendaryswan

1 hour ago, Cheltowl said:

Can't believe anyone would want McCarthy.  Dour, boring, 20 years past his sell by date.  He'd be at war with the fans within weeks.  Give Jos a chance with a squad that he'll have brought back to fitness with sensible management.  When the next change comes though it has to be someone better than McCarthy!!!

100% correct .

I would be against dismissing Luhukay as every one deserves a fair crack of the whip and he has done remarkably well with the mess he was left.

McCarthy could do a job but i really can not see him working with DC. Nothing against either party but some you relationships will not work and I can not see this being harmonious.

• Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

This

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Absolute no brainer. Right manager at the right time. 

DC needs to act fast. 

ABSOLUTELY NOT THIS. Have you all given up? Are your expectations really this low?

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

I hate the man but he is a great manager.

I am not in a hurry to get rid of Jos. I am still giving him a chance.

It not my decision though.

And you've left it this long to drop that bombshell???

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Thankfully I cant see big Mick being a chansiri target,granted hes got good knowledge of the game & division,but Ipswich havent troubled the auto promotion spots for quite a few seasons,which is quite possibly the reason hes not getting another go at it.

I know and with that fiver he was given to spend over the last couple of seasons he should have had them in the champions league! 

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

In the minority here but I don’t like his style of play and it wouldn’t be affective in the division above , so it’s a no from me anyway depends how long Jos is contracted for , he’s not been that bad , has he ? 

I agree 100% with this.  When we are in the Champions League final, will Mick's tactics be effective against a possession based side like Barcelona?  I am not so sure, so its a no from me.

• Haha 4