Mick McCarthy

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Think you'll find you're forgetting it's carlos' fault we're in this mess.

And I don't buy that without him we'd already be in league 1. Which is what I was saying about Ipswich. No one is saying that.

You're missing the point. I wasn't suggesting we'd be in league one at all. I was saying that outside this club, people are wondering why we got rid of Carlos after 2 successive playoffs and his success at Swansea so far. You were saying that Ipswich fans shouldn't be moaning because they'd be in league one without Mick, I'm saying you're not privy to what to information their fans have, just as much as they aren't when it comes to Carlos. Whether they'd be in league one or not is irrelevant. A large majority of their fans will be celebrating today. As for whether it's Carlos' fault is a matter of opinion and with regard to this argument it is again irrelevant.

Edited by Hitcat

1 minute ago, Hughthecone said:

Conjecture.

Disagree. But then we could debate details and opinons all day. 

Jos is a poor manager, despite his supposedly amazing record for promotions in Germany, he was out of work for near on 18 months, whilst many jobs came and went. 

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Disagree. But then we could debate details and opinons all day. 

Jos is a poor manager, despite his supposedly amazing record for promotions in Germany, he was out of work for near on 18 months, whilst many jobs came and went. 

Agree about opinions but how do you know that many jobs came and went.As I have said there is far too much conjecture on this thread.

Just now, Hughthecone said:

Agree about opinions but how do you know that many jobs came and went.As I have said there is far too much conjecture on this thread.

I follow the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 and can honestly say that the impression people have on here about JL and his time in Germany is different to how most that i know of and speak to view him. 

Nothing against the guy - I quite like him, he’s straight and he says it how it is!

But why would anyone want him now? Football has moved on and he is left in the dark ages. His brand of football has been appalling and their fans have been venting their anger for ages.

I actually think when we get all our players back fit, we have a lot of technically good footballers and he wouldn’t be able to get anything out of them. 

If we wanted to get a dinosaur, we might as well have gone for Megson! 

11 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

I follow the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 and can honestly say that the impression people have on here about JL and his time in Germany is different to how most that i know of and speak to view him. 

You stated that he was out work for 18 months,so how can people ITK can speak or have a view ,as you probably know from this site ,people have very short memories.

The way I see our situation, due to, shall we say, confused recruitment, we have a squad that can be devided into two seperate teams suited to different ways of doing things Both would have shortcomings, vital ingredients missing

Had we had a more consistent transfer policy, we’d be a lot further down the line 

Personally, I don’t think any manager out there could bring both factions together

We need to decide which approach we are going to take, and then find a way of engineering an ideal squad for the challenge Anyone who thinks we can bring in a manager, who can somehow fashion a promotion from the existing squad, is probably in for a disappointment 

My worry would be, because we have no clear plan, as evidenced by our recruitment policy, we may try and muddle through That would be disastrous in my opinion

Edited by gurujuan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hawksmore said:

What is there view of him

9 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

2004/5 season Sunderland promoted as champions

2008/9 Took Wolves up as champions

Not good enough

You are aware it's 2018?

Didn't Mick McCarthy also manage the Premier League team that achieved the lowest points total in a season? I'm sure you just forgot that point off your list.

6 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

You are aware it's 2018?

Didn't Mick McCarthy also manage the Premier League team that achieved the lowest points total in a season? I'm sure you just forgot that point off your list.

No , Derby had the lowest points total in the prem .

1 hour ago, hawksmore said:

Care to elaborate?

2 hours ago, HubristicClapper said:

He's still a bell end and someone who achieved in this division with far more than people are giving him credit for in this thread.   You included.   He achieved with an awful lot of talent at his disposal, an awful lot more than the teams at the top of this division right now when this division is harder than it was back then.

But i'm sure that's completely lost on you.

The man is a complete bell end and if you want him in charge of SWFC than you too must be such a bell end.

Post not poster?   Not a chance.   Bell ends want Mick McCarthy.    FULL STOP.

Plus its not even an argument because Jos is going nowhere.   But don't let a simple fact like that get in the way of being a bell end.

You don't like him then ??  lol 

DFS