#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

5 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

This has to be a record surely. No hint of signings. No big rumours, usually breaks from the other side not us. No hints of anyone coming in and its 21st July. The thing is theres a fair few clubs in the same situation.

A lot of this surely has to be down to the earlier deadline though. Clubs are afraid to let anyone go in case they're stuck come August 10th, so everyone's currently playing chicken with one another to see who blinks first. Might be a cliche but you imagine one or two transfers going through could be enough to open the floodgates.

38 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

Was told Jones on 50k and Fletcher on 60k. 

Came from someone who was high up in club. 

Thats will be why we in the shyboo 

Why do people make things like this up, what do they get out of it  ?. I honestly don't understand why you would do it.

2 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

Love how fans know the salaries of players

Its all them "high up in the club" bods lettin all and sundry know,like ya do with multi million pound businesses,funny how no bugger knows the salaries of Lord sugars employees tho or such like.

We are obviously waiting to see who we have managed to move out by the end of the transfer window to then assess both what areas we need to cover with loans and what business we can afford to do.

Obviously we all have views already on where we need players , and I suspect Jos will also know , but I guess only when we know where we stand financially will we commit to it.

The other thing is squad size, irrespective of quality if we don’t reduce it then we won’t be bringing anybody in and we go with what we have.

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Its all them "high up in the club" bods lettin all and sundry know,like ya do with multi million pound businesses,funny how no bugger knows the salaries of Lord sugars employees tho or such like.

My Bentley needs a new front tyre........just thought I'd mention it.

45 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Unless they sign new contracts, of course.

I can't imagine we'd let João join United on the cheap.

With 11 months left on their contract and just 2 two weeks of the window you're playing a risky game. If the players don't sign they may get the best deal as a free agent next June (e.g. Hirst and Clare) and the blunts or anyone else will get them free, never mind cheap.

Somebody needs to start running the club as a business.

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

With 11 months left on their contract and just 2 two weeks of the window you're playing a risky game. If the players don't sign they may get the best deal as a free agent next June (e.g. Hirst and Clare) and the blunts or anyone else will get them free, never mind cheap.

Maybe a job for you 

4 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Drunk bloke in pub reckoned Bryam and Hugil to join on season long loans which is why Jos was in London last week to talk to them. Not sure it’s a credible source tho 

These 2 names have cropped up for a while and I think we may be in for both.  Byram  would be a great signing and just exactly what we need at right wing back. We don’t need Hugill - we have 3 central strikers in Dave, Fletch and Hooper and Joao can play there at a push. I hope we focus on what we actually need for a change.

25 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I'm sure the club will have an idea of whose contacts they'd like to renew and will quite likely have already sounded them out about it at the very least.

Any they're not too fussed about will probably be sold if a decent offer comes in, à la Jack Hunt.

20 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

These 2 names have cropped up for a while and I think we may be in for both.  Byram  would be a great signing and just exactly what we need at right wing back. We don’t need Hugill - we have 3 central strikers in Dave, Fletch and Hooper and Joao can play there at a push. I hope we focus on what we actually need for a change.

My thought was Hugil to replace Fletcher if he’s going abroad but he’s got a decent squad number so that story was probably rounduns 

40 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Yet bizarrely, upon hearing the news that we are in contract talks with Bannan you said it means he’s more likely to be leaving.

:blink: