#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

There’s some reyt bull being talked on here. Joao will be on around £12k per week. There will be no midfielder on £40k PW. I guess Abdi might be on £25k pw but why would the pigs want him?

Highest earners were Rhodes or Fletcher on no more than £35k pw.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Woozie said:

Are you lot on the wind up? Joao on 35k? Joao...35k...

:duntmatter::Chansiri:

£15K maybe but even that's a stretch.

If we gave him a new contract it would be more but if you look at him when we signed him I can't see us paying top dollar wages.

6 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

He was great for first 3-4 months, seemed to struggle after that!

£50 million is madness!

Everton will be top in September, then bottom 6 with Silva sacked at Christmas. Put a monkey on it Monster monster

8 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

João must be worth a pretty penny given his age, potential

Like Bannan and Westwood, he is out of contract in 11 months. If they're not sold in the next 2 weeks they will be worth pennies in January or can walk for nothing shortly after.

• Thanks 1

We really need to bring in 3 players. Even if you win a championship, you still need to bring in players to freshen the squad up. Existing players need to be challenged etc.

I expect us to bring in a right wing back, centre half and a wide attacker with pace. 

I also expect we will lose a couple more as well.

Lets not forget.

Sougou, McGugan, Dielna, Bus, Vermijl, Price, Kean, Lachmann, Melo, McGeady, Urby Emmanuelson, McManaman, Buckley.

+ Abdi & Matias....are the reason we are in this pickle.

And probably DC and CC can take some blame.

We need players who contribute, not an entire squad over 3 years who haven't

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

We really need to bring in 3 players. Even if you win a championship, you still need to bring in players to freshen the squad up. Existing players need to be challenged etc.

I expect us to bring in a right wing back, centre half and a wide attacker with pace. 

I also expect we will lose a couple more as well.

I don’t expect us to sign a single player to be honest, the onus this window is clearly on moving players out

I get the need to reduce the age of the squad but what we do need is a big aggressive centre half who has a fair few English football league games under his belt. We have some capable defenders but Pudil, Lees and Thorniley are all of a similar stature as was Venancio. JVA is huge but isn’t particularly aggressive. 

Looking at the likes of Shaun morrison, Aden Flint, Harlee Dean,  John egan etc. They’ve all been deemed not good enough and been in league one but ended up moving for decent money. We need to get them at source...or send the likes of Neilsen down to league one so that they come back ready for this league.

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I don’t expect us to sign a single player to be honest, the onus this window is clearly on moving players out

Agreed, either a bargain deal too good to miss or loans to cover the weak areas.

• Like 1

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

If we can’t afford to bring in a couple of loans then we have serious problems. 

Who says we can’t? Think we’ve done a good job of shifting some of the older players and non contributors this summer. That will have freed up considerable money. Who knows what’s in the planning. Personally I’m trusting Jo’s to get the best out of what we’ve got. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bouncing Owl said:

There’s some reyt bull being talked on here. Joao will be on around £12k per week. There will be no midfielder on £40k PW. I guess Abdi might be on £25k pw but why would the pigs want him?

Highest earners were Rhodes or Fletcher on no more than £35k pw.

Was told Jones on 50k and Fletcher on 60k. 

Came from someone who was high up in club. 

Thats will be why we in the shyboo 

• Haha 3