#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Where did you hear that?

You're one of the best posters around these parts, so you deserve the benefit of the doubt, but that sounds ridiculous to be honest.

João must be worth a pretty penny given his age, potential, and form so far under Luhukay, and the poorer quarter of the city are still beating the hell out of each other in a courtroom right now.

It just makes no sense.

I found it surprising as well, the guy who told me knows a couple of agents so gets some really good gossip regarding the local clubs. I've never had any reason to doubt anything he's told me (normally I'm told not to put anything on here) but seen as this didn't come off I don't see the harm.

Regarding the price etc, I suppose its anyone's guess, I've no idea how much the club thinks he's worth and/or how desperately we need the money. 

4 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I heard today that we recently accepted a bid from the pigs for Joao, but they couldn't match his wages. Don't know if anyone on here knows anything. 

So if we accepted a bid but then they couldn't match his wage then surely he went for talks right.

The same way that it was reported that Rhodes was down in Norwich having talks over a potential loan deal. 

We heard nothing and my point is we would have done. 

Even when a bid gets accepted for a player that normally breaks aswell. 

Again we heard nothing.

And surely the blades would have a rough idea of what Joao would be expecting wage wise before having a bid accepted, hence why no bids for Hogan or that other one they were after as they knew they couldn't get near there wages.

Not saying you haven't heard what you heard more that is it was true we would have aswell.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

So if we accepted a bid but then they couldn't match his wage then surely he went for talks right.

The same way that it was reported that Rhodes was down in Norwich having talks over a potential loan deal. 

We heard nothing and my point is we would have done. 

Even when a bid gets accepted for a player that normally breaks aswell. 

Again we heard nothing.

And surely the blades would have a rough idea of what Joao would be expecting wage wise before having a bid accepted, hence why no bids for Hogan or that other one they were after as they knew they couldn't get near there wages.

Not saying you haven't heard what you heard more that is it was true we would have aswell.

The media don't get wind of all deals that don't happen. There's been plenty of players that have revealed they spoke to other clubs several years down the line in books/interviews etc that the public never found out about at the time. It's naive to think that every piece of attempted football business ends up online.

He might be earning more than they initially thought and things didn't progress as far as talks.  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

The media don't get wind of all deals that don't happen. There's been plenty of players that have revealed they spoke to other clubs several years down the line in books/interviews etc that the public never found out about at the time. It's naive to think that every piece of attempted football business ends up online.

He might be earning more than they initially thought and things didn't progress as far as talks.  

True, but they generally do when bids are accepted though. Enquires are different we probably fend them off every other day.

I heard of a pig they enquired about jaoa but he was on 35 grand a week and they also asked about one of our midfielders who was on 40 grand. One I don’t believe the figures regarding jaoa and two the only midfield player on that money is abdi who they can have but i don’t think would want . I call bull or stirring 

Derby had 3 bids rejected for Jack Marriot who looks like ending up there, his club asking £6m+ they've also signed Josefzoon for £2.5m, two good loans from top Premier league teams and kept Vydra....thought they had FFP issues and needed to sell like us?

Villa too with the recent investment seem under less pressure to sell and FFP all of a sudden less important.

Is it only us and Birmingham that actually have to comply with FFP?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, camffiti said:

Are we waiting for an imaginary loan window then? 

A few that have gone through already 

Ryan Kent 
Jack Colback 
Ovie Ejaria 
Mason Mount 
Harry Wilson 
Trevoh Chalobah 
Lewis Baker 

Of the above, Colback can be considered a wing back ... more than Abdi, Hutch, Lee, Boyd etc

Assuming (self imposed?) embargo allows, anyone know of any decent potential loans we could go for?

Out of interest who has Ryan Kent signed for must have missed that one.

I think there are lots of young players who we could sign if we have the funds, Adarebioyo Man City centre half is an example.

20 minutes ago, Quist said:

Out of interest who has Ryan Kent signed for must have missed that one.

I think there are lots of young players who we could sign if we have the funds, Adarebioyo Man City centre half is an example.

Kent has been loaned to Gerrard Rangers

Isn't Adarebioyo a CB? That's the one position that we're stocked up, in youth / inexperience 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I found it surprising as well, the guy who told me knows a couple of agents so gets some really good gossip regarding the local clubs. I've never had any reason to doubt anything he's told me (normally I'm told not to put anything on here) but seen as this didn't come off I don't see the harm.

Regarding the price etc, I suppose its anyone's guess, I've no idea how much the club thinks he's worth and/or how desperately we need the money. 

Taking the emotion out of this it makes sense. They need a striker and have history of buying / selling well. Jaoa has loads of potential.

jaoa is in last year of contract and may see himself as valuable as any of the strikers we have, many will be earning quite a bit more than him. I don’t think we are in a position to be paying higher salaries until we get rid of a few more. If we won’t pay more or he won’t take less I’d expect him to be sold this or next window. 

Clubs like Brentford be perfect as have reputation of buying low selling high and we could have decent return now and a sell on. 

21 minutes ago, camffiti said:

Isn't Adarebioyo a CB? That's the one position that we're stocked up, in youth / inexperience 

Yep, I don’t think we’ll be loaning a position we have players coming through in. I think when Jos was asked about prem loans he said something to that effect too. That we have our own talented youngsters that need a chance to develop also. 

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

Yes he is but I think one of weakest positions.Aceept could do with better option at wing back.

Will be interesting to see if anyone else leaves us. I get feeling they are offloading so can get in reasonably expensive loan signing as with those that have left should have got us into ok position with FFP.

Most of loan players already signed have questions about them and not sure what we would have wanted for example kent did well at Barnsley but floed last year in Bundesliga and at Bristol City.

11 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I heard today that we recently accepted a bid from the pigs for Joao, but they couldn't match his wages. Don't know if anyone on here knows anything. 

I heard exactly the same yesterday. Apparently he’s on 35k per week. 

5 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

I heard of a pig they enquired about jaoa but he was on 35 grand a week and they also asked about one of our midfielders who was on 40 grand. One I don’t believe the figures regarding jaoa and two the only midfield player on that money is abdi who they can have but i don’t think would want . I call bull or stirring 

Thats exactly what I was told yesterday 

1 hour ago, striker said:

Derby had 3 bids rejected for Jack Marriot who looks like ending up there, his club asking £6m+ they've also signed Josefzoon for £2.5m, two good loans from top Premier league teams and kept Vydra....thought they had FFP issues and needed to sell like us?

Villa too with the recent investment seem under less pressure to sell and FFP all of a sudden less important.

Is it only us and Birmingham that actually have to comply with FFP?

They clicked the 'opt out' button. rumblezoids...