#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

JonTheOwl at the Crosspool Tavern? Nailed on.

Big Guns' mate. 

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

With 11 months left on their contract and just 2 two weeks of the window you're playing a risky game. If the players don't sign they may get the best deal as a free agent next June (e.g. Hirst and Clare) and the blunts or anyone else will get them free, never mind cheap.

Somebody needs to start running the club as a business.

Clare doesn't seem to making a good job of it.

1 hour ago, ozzieowl said:

Yeh course he did. 

Not a myth from who it’s from pal. 

I highly doubt this person would make up stories for no gain. 

The fact that you believe we offered a defensive midfielder who wasn’t wanted by Burnley 50k a week lollol 

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

The fact that you believe we offered a defensive midfielder who wasn’t wanted by Burnley 50k a week lollol 

He is well aware that  their is no such word as gullible in the OED. 

46 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yet bizarrely, upon hearing the news that we are in contract talks with Bannan you said it means he’s more likely to be leaving.

:blink:

Should I have got excited that we were in contract talks with Hirst and Clare? Unless he signs or leaves within a fortnight we will have devalued another asset.

Edited by Geoffrey

58 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'm sure the club will have an idea of whose contacts they'd like to renew and will quite likely have already sounded them out about it at the very least.

Sounded out? They need to sign them up or ship them out.

4 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Should I have got excited that we were in contract talks with Hirst and Clare? Unless he signs or leaves within a fortnight we will have devalued another asset.

No, I’m not interested in you changing the subject to Hirst and Clare. I’m just pointing out what an utterly moronic belief it is to think being in contract talks with a player means he is less likely to extend than if we weren’t in contract talks.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

No, I’m not interested in you changing the subject to Hirst and Clare. I’m just pointing out what an utterly moronic belief it is to think being in contract talks with a player means he is less likely to extend than if we weren’t in contract talks.

What are you waffling on about?

2 days ago Bannan said "  I would like to stay here but it's not for me to decide that. It's up to the club"                                                                      "

Doesn't sound like he's had an offer.

Edited by Geoffrey

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

What are you waffling on about?

2 days ago Bannan said "  I would like to stay here but it's not for me to decide that. It's up to the club"                                                                      "

Doesn't sound like he's had an offer.

On 19/07/2018 at 12:28, gypsyowl said:

Fessi, Lees & Bannan, all not for sale like others which is promising. BB especially, we have been in talks already with him

On 19/07/2018 at 17:37, Geoffrey said:

It's promising if you want Bannan to walk for nothing.

19 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Sounded out? They need to sign them up or ship them out.

Or, rather than making a knee-jerk decision which would likely result in us having to accept a cut-price deal for some of our best players, having hawked them around rival clubs who hadn't been sufficiently interested to make an offer without us first knocking on their door in desperation, we could keep them, play them, and hope that their qualities contribute to a successful season for our club, whilst looking to extend their contracts (which at least one of them has already publicly expressed an interest in).

I suppose we'll have to wait and see which option the club take.

Shipping them out is all well and good, but we are very unlikely to find or have a replacement for Bannan. 

He's one of the crown jewels and imo is one of those that is the difference in turning us from a mid-table team into a good team. 

2 hours ago, Owls-Fan said:

Drunk bloke in pub reckoned Bryam and Hugil to join on season long loans which is why Jos was in London last week to talk to them. Not sure it’s a credible source tho 

Was it Big Guns mate ?